• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing white background if the person is wearing white too.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have some virtual choir video I am editing and I am trying to replace the background . But a a lot of the people took the video against a white wall wearing white outfit. I know only how to remove a background with green screen. Is it possible to remove the white ground ? 

I was also trying to see if I can change that to first green and then change may be? 

Please suggest. Thank you !

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look at rotoscoping in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have clarified. I am using Adobe premier pro. I guess after effects is another subscription based software right ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the full CC subscription it is included.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't 😞 

thank you for tour help though 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure it will help but if the whites are different intensity your could try the luma key.

Could you dropbox a still or short section of footage se we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you is there an email I can send it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send a personal message via the forum but the football is about to start so I might not look at it before tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't get any key to work, I think roroscoping is the only option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if you are able to upload the short video here in the forum so we can check what we can do. Also, with premiere pro, you cannot do roto masking. for that, you have to try aftereffect or some third party paid software like Mocha pro.

in premiere pro you cannot do roto masking but you can do masking. roto masking is a simple process of separate two different objects even though they are not in the matte background (like greenscreen) in premiere pro you have masking which helps you to mask the people easily .

it has a keyframe where you can change mask position between frames and I can give you warning its literally pain full process. still, if your video is short you can do masking on your own in premiere pro.

Apart from this, you have two options (1 personal suggestion )

1. buying  adobe aftereffect 

2. hiring a freelancer for a good budget to do this task on behalf of you

3(personal suggestion ) there is a new beta website that came into the market https://runwayml.com/ they claim that they can roto mask any complex object in a min or so but the drawback you can download only SD video, not HD . for HD you have to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Premiere Pro isn't really built for that. As stated, it's more After Effects territory. My only suggestion is that, since it's a virtual choir, if your singers are generally sitting/standing in one position the whole time... or if you have only headshots, you may be able to use the masking tools in Premiere to mask around them and keyframing needed might be very minimal. Still not a fun job, depending on the quantity of singers.

After Effects does have a free trial, so if you think you could get all the rotoscoping done in one week, it might be worth trying there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Roto Brush 2 in After Effects makes this easier than it's ever been to do.  It's definitely worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects does have a free trial, so if you think you could get all the rotoscoping done in one week, it might be worth trying there.

By @jampff

...but you likely won't learn rotoscoping in a week. icon_wink.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha, too true! Unless you find a way to squeeze it in between your one week crash courses on levitation and Latin.

If there isn't too much movement in the footage (I'm imagining standard virtual choir headshot stuff) then it might be worth it to watch a few beginner tutorials on rotobrush 2... then hold your breath... click go on the rotobrush and hope for the best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines