• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Renamed Audio Tracks Revert Back to Original Name

Contributor ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted a bug report. Posting in case there are others experiencing this bug.

When renaming an audio track, Premiere Pro 2018 will revert the track back to its prior name once the audio track in the timeline has been scrolled out of view. It doesn't matter if renamed in Audio Track Mixer panel or Timeline panel. Sometimes, Premiere remembers the renamed track and saves the change.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Devyn! We ran into this issue and realized you can't have layers named the same as each other. When we would have multiple layers named VO, they would revert back to the original when minimized. Try adding numbers to the end to make each layer unique. Ex: VO 1, VO 2. Try that. Do your layer names change when each is unique?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just ran into this issue

naming each track with different names did solve the problem. However I think this is a nuisance and should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just run into this problem as well with both audio and video traces. The tracks all have different names, so that's not the issue.  Sometimes the name change sticks.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I've tried making the change and immediately exiting Premiere without scrolling the tracks or doing anything else.  But even that didn't keep the tracks from reverting to the original names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the workaround, appreicate it.

I had been renaming the tracks and would never notice them switch back, I thought i was being punked by someone in the studio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot name multiple tracks with the same name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg I am so glad I found your solution! My problem was I couldn't rename the video tracks (CC 2019).

I tried what others mentioned about switching the layouts, copy and re-arrange in a new sequence, save as a new file, all did not worked. And when I tried renaming it for e.g "A 01", "A 02", IT WORKED! THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines