Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render In to Out not persistent

Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem which even I (as an ACP) can't seem to figure out.

I am working with a timeline of braw files from a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K and I am used to rendering effects and/or rendering out (designated parts of) the (entire) timeline, so I can judge my edits.

For this purpose I have mapped CTRL+Enter to rendering In to Out. This has always worked for me, until recently.

Whenever I try to render certain parts or all of the time, including the yellow bar parts, the process starts. Yellow parts turn green... But then it all restarts, although the frame calculator still appears to be processing. In the end, all is rendered, but nothing has turned/remained green on the timeline.

Here's a screen recording of what is happening (it did not record the rendering window): https://youtu.be/0ZEOJQ7d6WI

I have updated my nVdia GPU driver to the latest version, updated the BRAW codec through the blackmagic site, thrown away my media cache, deleted render files, tried software rendering (bypassing nVidia card), choosing a different editing mode, etc. Nothing helps.

I am working on quite a beefy system:

- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6900K CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz

- 128 GB RAM

- GT1080 nVidia card

- Editing from a dedicated internal SSD of 4GB (Adobe/Windows runs on separate SSD)

- Rendering is done on a dedicated 256 GB M.2 SSD, which has ample space left (220 GB)

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yellow indicates that it has been rendered in the GPU card so no further rendering should be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know that... 😉

Still, the yellow parts don't play back the way I wish for them. If they've been rendered to green status, the performance is unhindered.

So, any ideas on how to make the renders persistent (read: green) on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rendering to a conventional SSD not a M2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Makes no difference. Tried it to my D SSD, instead of the F (m.2) SSD.

The build-up of green parts starts, briefly halts and then restarts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the first to report this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to tackle this?

I even just tried trashing my preferences (which I rarely do, as I hate having to redo my preferences afterwards), but also to no avail. I am pulling my hairs out, as I need to get this edit done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen  odd rendering  but very little so did not pay any attention to it.

Alas resetting prefs would be my first suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, multiple times. To no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan I am puzzled by this. Is this a known issue at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've tried something new and it appears to be a solution - for now:

I created a new sequence and copied/pasted everything on the timeline.

Initially, I tried rendering anew, which seemed to work. Until I went back to the original timeline and attempted a new render there. Instantly, the renders in the new timeline disappeard as well (went back to yellow/red status).

My editing mode was set to AVCHD 1080p square pixel with an I-Frame only MPEG Video Preview Format.

After I changed it to AVC-Intra 100 1080p with an auto-selected AVC-Intra Class100 1080p Video Preview Format, rendering was persistent again.

So the culprit seems to be the AVCHD 1080p Editing mode and/or the I-Frame only MPEG Video Preview Format, although I have been using that for ages with other projects.

If this is indeed the case, should I continue working in the AVC-Intra 100 1080p / AVC-Intra Class 100 1080p from now on, or is there a way to fix the other editing mode/preview format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines