Rendere In/Out or File Export

Advisor ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

Let's say I have a premiere Project file that contains Movie Clips, Sounds, Adjustment Layers, and Luts.

If I just Click on File-Export, later I have my final video as a single file. If I use Render In/out, and later Export the File. What is the difference? Is there any difference?

Which Technique do you recommend?

Thank you very much.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Export , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

I think I understand what you are asking ...

If your preview render settings (in Sequence Settings) are set to the same codec as you use for exports - then IF you have preview rendered your sequence - when you go to export - the preview renders will be used for exporting ... and as they are already rendered the export process will be MUCH faster. 

On Mac I have all sequences set up to preview render in ProresHQ and export to ProresHQ. On PC at the network I work at we use two Premiere Sequence P

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I understand what you are asking ...

If your preview render settings (in Sequence Settings) are set to the same codec as you use for exports - then IF you have preview rendered your sequence - when you go to export - the preview renders will be used for exporting ... and as they are already rendered the export process will be MUCH faster. 

On Mac I have all sequences set up to preview render in ProresHQ and export to ProresHQ. On PC at the network I work at we use two Premiere Sequence Presets - AVC-Intra100 and DNx120. Each uses that codec for preview renders ... so exports of prerendered sequences goes faster.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Mr. Steve.

Thank you very much

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the Settings?  I don't see any AVC-Inra100 or DNx120

Preview Option.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

preset.jpg

This one Is QuickTime

Preview2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've selected QuickTime in the 'Preview File Format' drop down menu, go to the next drop down menu 'Codec' now you can choose which format of QT you want for previews including various flavors of Prores.

To get AVC-Intra or DNx previews you must first change the 'editing mode' pulldown (in the Sequence Settings panel) to AVC-Intra (which ever version you want) or DNx (again multiple choices of DNx). Once you done this you'll see that you will now get different choices of' Preview File Formats' and 'Codec' for that particular format.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mr. Steve.

Here is a screenshot from my Sequence-Preview Window. So technically, the Preview Codec Is not going to affect the video quality correct?

NOTE: for the purpose of Archiving an Important 4k Video Inside Export settings, I like to use DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a

Preview codec.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines