• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendered Frames DISAPPEAR Right Before Your Eyes...

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd delete my previous and repost this IMPORTANT (at east to OUR company) question again –– since it received ZERO responses or help originally.  Possibly I just posted at a bad time of the week, or when folks were busy.  But I would be most appreciative of any assistance that can be offered in solving this GLITCH –– or in knowing that a FIX is soon to be on the way.  THANK YOU...

DEMONSTRATION of GLITCH

In the video link above, I document how RENDERED frames in Premiere (version 13.1.2) suddenly REAPPEAR as UNRENDERED.  This has ONLY started happening since I updated from Premiere 2018 to the current version.  Entire timelines that rendered perfectly in 2018 without any issues, are now speckled throughout with UNRENDERED frames once opened, saved as new version file, and rendered in the current version.

In timelines of 20 minutes or more, this GLITCH can easily occur as many as 20+ times.  It may happen during a few frames of a dissolve, or a during a layered effect, or simply where nothing whatsoever out of the ordinary is applied to a clip.  PLEASE NOTE: In the video link above, the two clips with the "unrenderable" frames have NO EFFECTS and NO RESIZING!

All clips are RED R3D files in either 5K or 6K.  We are running Premiere on a Windows 10 workstation.

Does anyone know of a cause?  A workaround, until these bugs are FIXED?

Many Thanks...

This is just ONE of a frustratingly LARGE group of BRAND NEW glitches which have only occurred since installing version 13.1.2.  Other GLITCHES include:

• Clip icons in project folder still registering as "?" and playback of timeline images (not sound, solely the picture) not appearing until long after the notification of "All Media Loaded"

• The cursor DISAPPEARING (though what it HIGHLIGHTS or AFFECTS on the screen is still seen)

* Entire timelines that HAD been rendered (though WITH the glitches of scattered unrendered frames), once saved and reopened appear as having not yet been rendered

• Constant crashes

• and much more...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting ... and I can't replicate, but ... I would ask you to post this on the bug site UserVoice. Everything posted there goes directly to the engineers, and to the upper managers in collated form ... the folks that decide budgets & schedules. Adobe lives by metrics, give them some.

Also, that site is searchable by others having similar issues to gang up together. And I would further ask you after posting there ... whether you start a new one, or add on to another post ... to post a link back here for anyone with similar troubles to find.

Neil

Adobe UserVoice Bug /Feature form: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for reviewing my post and for your suggestion, Neil.

I've done as you recommended, and here is the link to my "suggestion" to FIX this glitch, now found on UserVoice:

FIX GLITCH of Rendered Frames DISAPPEARING Right Before Your Eyes – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added a comment. Thanks for posting there!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Neil.

That may just be the nudge that's needed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the exact same issue. On an M1 macbook I've used for 2 years with no editing issues.  Render just evaporates.  I'm rendering 80 minutes of footage as well.  Not easy to just do over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill_Jacobs,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Have you tried using the Mercury Playback Engine Software Only as Renderer (FAQ: How to change the Video Renderer in Premiere Pro? ) and checked if it's rendering properly? This will help us in isolating if the issue is specific to GPU accelerated renderer. Also, have you tried clearing the cache (FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files? ) and preview files (location for the preview files can be found under File>Project Settings>Scratch Disks)? Let us know, we’re here to help.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem with frames unrendering themselves.  At one point I had it render eight frames and befoer the frames were completed rendering, it would recognize the newly unrendered frames and render them. and then they would unrender and it would just repeatedly render them forever in a loop.  I have mercury set to software only.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find somewhat of a work around, however its kinda bull*#($ and involves adjusting the scale of the image a few degrees.  Also it should be noted that I'm working in 4068 x 1716, square pixels.  Never been a problem until this version of Premiere.  After 17 years using it, I took 3 years off (video production n general) and came back to a glitchy platform apparently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sam issue here. 

I tried deleting the cache, changing the render engine and updating to the last version. Nothing worked. 

I finally ended upo making proxys to a material I haven't needed to use proxys before and now at least I can have a nice playback. I tried rendering and it does the same thing. It's like it deletes the renders two seconds after they are done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2023 Mar 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having the same issue. Have spent hours trying to fix this today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines