Rendering, colour and plug in issues

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently was made aware of rendering in to out. Before I was just rendering any red clips. I didn't realise yellow was really meant to be green. So I rendered the entire timeline which fixed all of my lagging and time consuming issues. Built the film quicker, happy days! However... I then colour graded individual clips and I have noticed that the last second or two of some of my clips are reverting back to their original colour and not what I have done. To make matters worse.. My last step is usually to apply NEAT video just to a few select clips that have a bit to much grain for my liking and what would normally maybe take 15 minutes to render those clips with NEAT video has taken hours to apply the plug in but also hours to render... Therefore making my editing time even longer than before... Any tips as to why on my first render in to out this has happened. I have never had these issues before. Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whenever you render previews and then go back and change something, the link is broken to the preview files since they no longer match what's on your timeline.

Generally, yellow lines in your timeline are okay. But if you're getting choppy playback or dropping lots of frames then your computer may be underpowered for the work you're trying to do. NEAT video is also a very intensive plugin and it's no surprise that a slower computer would struggle with it too.

Regarding your colored clips, it's possible that those last few seconds are part of a prior render for some reason and not reflecting the new color work. I would trash all your preview renders before you export and do a fresh render of the entire timeline. And to save time on export, choose a preview codec like ProRes, export to ProRes, and then check the "Use Previews" box. This is called Smart Rendering and it will speed up your exports significantly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines