• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering In to Out puts both physical screens to sleep? Video is still there but doesn't appear

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone! I'm having some weird issuing going on with Premiere. Whenever I render the video (Render Into Out), the whole entire screen physically turns black and goes to sleep instantly. It sometimes wakes up but then the display resolution was changed.  I've updated my drivers, reinstalled Adobe Premiere a couple of times, and deleted caches. Sadly, none of that worked. The Graphics Card I have is pretty new and I had zero problems with it with games and such but for some reason, I am unsure why it keeps going on on me. Here is a video of what it's like when I try to render a section of the video.

Thanks!  

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

@Davis Cole23723351cql6  Can't say I've heard of this issue before.

As far as GPU drivers go, are you using game-centric drivers for your GPU? (Like Nvidia's Game Ready Drivers). If so, sometimes these drivers run into compatibility issues as those drivers are pushing updates to meet latest games and games updates. Creative software is not really considered compared to new game tech.

Nvidia's Studio Drivers however, are slower releases but typically have more compatibility checks with creative s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

UPDATE:

I found the problem of the issue. The PSU I was using is a 500W and whenever I put it underneath heavy load VIA Adobe Premiere it caused those issues. I just barely bought an 850W and installed it on my computer about an hour ago. The freezing and turning off screens issue has been fixed! It's pretty crazy to think that the PSU Wattage wasn't high enough to handle that amount of load! 

Thank you for everyone's help in this! I appreciate it a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Davis Cole23723351cql6  Can't say I've heard of this issue before.

As far as GPU drivers go, are you using game-centric drivers for your GPU? (Like Nvidia's Game Ready Drivers). If so, sometimes these drivers run into compatibility issues as those drivers are pushing updates to meet latest games and games updates. Creative software is not really considered compared to new game tech.

Nvidia's Studio Drivers however, are slower releases but typically have more compatibility checks with creative software. You may want to give that a shot - although no promises - this might not even be a driver issue at all.

Out of curiosity, in addition to adjusting GPU drivers, have you tried setting your renderer to Software Only? (File > Project Settings > General) Does that resolve the issue? If so, then that at least might indicate it being a GPU issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ah.photo,

Thank you so much for responding to my question so quickly. At this time I do currently have the Game-Centric Drivers installed from Geforce Experience. I will definitely change that over to the NVIDA Studio and see if that fixes any issues. For the Software Only, I haven't tried it yet but I will definitely give that a GO also. I'll let you know if those changes did or did not work.

Thank you again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

Thank you again for your help. I changed the Driver from "Game-Ready Driver" to the "Studio Driver"  in the Geforce Experience software. That has fixed the issue. When I now "Render In to Out" with CUDA, it fully renders without any errors and the screen doesn't go to sleep.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Again! 

One last update. Apparently the issue is back again, sadly. I did change it over to Software and it works "Okay" but it's painfully slow. I did however I noticed I didn't have the NVIDA CUDA software installed. I installed that and again, still the same. By any chance do you or anyone know what I should do next? The GPU I'm currently using is a NVIDA GeForce RTX 2070. CPU i5. RAM is a 32GB. 1TB SSD. 500 WATT power supply. 2012 Asus Maximus V Formula Motherboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davis Cole,

Sorry for this rendering issue. Here are some things to try:

• You can check Help > System Compatibility Report to see if everything checks out for your system hardware-wise. Can you have a look there?
  • What kind of footage are you rendering? If it's H.264, something may be amiss with the Intel-based iGPU. That also needs current drivers. Can you see if you have the current ones installed? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download-center/home.html
  • Another test you can try if you are rendering H.264 is switching off Hardware Decoding in Preferences > Media and rebooting. Is your system rendering properly now? 
  • You can try transcoding media or creating proxies and seeing how your system renders previews.

Let us know what happens after trying the troubleshooting steps. I hope we can help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for responding to the issue that I am currently. I followed the suggestions you suggested and here are the results. 

System Compatibility Report: There is no issues of any kind that Adobe Premiere sees. Everything is all good to go

Footage Rendering: The footage I'm mostly rendering is .mov. However, there is a couple of .H264 video files in the Project at this time. The hardware that I am using to render the videos is an NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070. All of the drivers are current up to date.  

Switched off H.264 Hardware Decoding in Preferences: Turned it off and rebooted Premiere Pro/Computer. The issue still exists when I try to render the project. Other times when I play 1/8th of the speed in the unrendered sections (when it’s red) both of the monitors freeze and disconnect from the PC then go to sleep. However when I unplug them and plug them back in. The monitors wake up. But when I play feedback on the Adobe Project. There is no video but only sound playing.

Rendering Previews: Rendering Previews does just fine. But again, once I start playing on the timeline. Both screen freezes for a second then turn off, the Windows disconnecting sound happens, and both monitors went to sleep. 

Thank again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE:

I found the problem of the issue. The PSU I was using is a 500W and whenever I put it underneath heavy load VIA Adobe Premiere it caused those issues. I just barely bought an 850W and installed it on my computer about an hour ago. The freezing and turning off screens issue has been fixed! It's pretty crazy to think that the PSU Wattage wasn't high enough to handle that amount of load! 

Thank you for everyone's help in this! I appreciate it a lot! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Such great news, Davis. Thanks for sharing!! I hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines