- My issue is that when I attempt to render timeline it starts to render and then slowly halts to a crawl. I let it sit several times before canceling - once I left it rendering overnight and it stuck at 99%. This is not the only project I have had thios issue. This also causes my MAC to kick all the fans in at a very loud roar. Currently I have a 2 minute project with BRAW files with lumitri and LUT's (from a trusted source), There are a few DJI clips (drone), A couple clips have Warp Stabalize, and some basic graphics with motion. The only other thing that I suspect might be causing a hiccup is I use Motion Array (subscription) and have some transitions and overlay graphics from them in this project. I am logged in and the effects do work fine. I do not use their plug-in. I have rendered them prior and then do a in/out render and it still times out. I do not get any error codes. I have cleared my cache. I am using GPU acceleration to render. In the past I could render a similar project in 3 minutes at the most. My workaround has been to render one section at a time. The other odd thing and is the render is lost once I reopen the project the next day. I have to re-render again.... I have done a load of searching these forums prior to posting this so I am hoping this is not just one of those fun Premiere glitches I have to live with. I have mixed several formats and frame rates in the past (DJI, BM, MXF) and never had this issue.
I know warp stabilize stores the data in the project. maybe pre-render some things out. It works when you render sections out at a time which is a giveaway the project is getting bloated either in project size or actual render frame data.
If you have any large image sequences in Motion Array, its going to be slow going(resize before importing), expecially if they are PNG images which don't work multithreaded. Once you have free time, do a quick 10 sec. compare with Motion Array disabled and see if you seen any performance increase.
If you do huge projects that run overnight, consider exporting to a tiff image sequences. that way, if it freezes, you only loose after that point and can continue the next day with a new in-point. Then you can import that complete image and zip out a video codec very fast. bonus: if you enable filename + frames, it will even tell you what frame it crashed on.
I am having a very similar if not the same issue with a project that I am currently editing. The sequence is roughly 14 minutes in length, and is a mix of BRAW, Mavic 2 Pro, and A7s III footage. The playback has suddenly lagged and become extremely choppy, so I did the normal reduce playback to 1/2, or 1/4, etc and still problematic. It hasn't been an issue. When I've had similar issues before, I render the Sequence from In to Out and it has fixed the slow playback. However, suddenly it now has been rendering for nearly 22 hours, and is at 99.08% complete... It got to 95% complete in about an hour yesterday, but has taken 21 hours to go from 95 to 98 percent. When I started this, I originally cleaned out my media cache and remapped it to the folder on an external ssd. This 14 minute sequence, has now rendered over 160GB of rendered files. When I go into the folder labeled Adobe Premiere Pro Video Previews, it has over 40,000 files, and a breif scrolling through these, they only seem to be coming from about 15 clips from BRAW footage from the first 5 minutes of the project. It seems as though it's rendering over 160gb of the same 15 clips, which in actuality are just 12 GB in BRAW form....
I have just a couple of transition effects in a couple spots, but no effects on the footage itself. I am perplexed at this issue.