Exit

Rendering leads into a blue screen

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

could anyone please help me?

I've got a good PC - i9 12900K - 64GB RAM - Nvidia GForce RTX3080 - a new built.

But Premiere won't work properly - after effects either, -rotobrushtool for example takes very long. but my biggest issue is the Premiere Pro - Exporting.

4 minute video with some effects and AE comps. but not soooo complicated. if i try to render it - it says it will take about 1 to 4 hours, which is toooo long, but nevertheless if I'm still staying with it. in the middle of the rendern - WIN bluescreen appears - says: video_memory_management_internal. I'm very disapointed, i built this pc for editing videos. but everything is just slow like on my 2018 MACbook pro with i7 16GB RAM. every driver is up to date - WIN is up to date.

What can i do? what im doing false here? is my pc bad? is premiere bad? is AE bad? that doesn't make sense to me and it's definitely not a fun to work with. 

has anybody the ssame or similar issue?

thank you! BR Stipe

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried all of these things, nothing worked, and windows says everything is fine with RAM and windows didn't find any issues there. strange.

update: sometimes it works, just renderd a video. took me 1 hour maybe, without any issues. but toooo long in my opinion. BR Stipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

If NVIDIA graphics, make sure to use the latest Studio Driver from NVIDIA (NOT the Game Driver).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe is installed on C - which is a M2 1TB samsung 980

and the footage is on a Sandisk 3D with 1 TB both have enough capacity, (means half full maybe).

Nvidia Studio driver is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BR Stipe!

Sorry about the trouble. Do you have any third party effects? Can you let us know the exact version of you GPU driver? 

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes i have aejuice plugin. 
now it my PC crashed after applying a LUT in adjustment layer.

of course its the studio driver version: 522.30 from 18.10.2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This aejuice is ancient stuff: uninstall and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did uninstall, tried again, sames situation. i tink somehow the AE comps are the problem. Once i encoded the aep it goes further the rendering without problem, but sometimes he cannot encode it and then the bluescreen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run any benchmark projects to see how quickly or slowly your system is handling common video editing and motion design tasks compared to other workstations?

You can download and run Equiloud's AE Test for free and compare your results to the ones posted in the comments.  I would guess that your workstation would take about three minutes.

There's also Puget Systems' free benchmark tests for Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will check those.

i did just the Cinebench R23 for the CPU scoring. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems like the whole problem comes from AE comps. because if i have a ae comp in the sequ. 

that the AE comps is taking a lot of time to encode. so I've got a AE comp in my sequence at the beginning of my video, once i start rendering - estimated time is 4 hours sometimes longer, but once it encoded it (when not crashed) the estimated time is reduced to 4 minutes and it goes just fine.

without ae comp, the video takes a couple of minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, don't know if this is still an issue, will try for sure once again, but i had a workaround, i needed to render HEVC H265 instead of H264 Codec, i think the codec was to compressed that premiere couldnt handle it. Premiere cant handle anything, since i have now issues with PRORES RAW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@stiipe 

As far as picture quality goes for editing video (and this is a format side issue, not an application one), it is important to make sure the bit rate of source footage is high enough to hold up to being used as source.  Professionally, the lowest we want is 35 Mbps with higher (50, 100, 200 or 400) being better.  It's also important to pick formats that have a deep peak-signal-noise-ratio.

ProRes RAW should preform well, but it does have a high data transfer rate (high capacity, high bandwidth storage is a must have).  Have you had a chance to read the Apple ProRes RAW White Paper?  It's just been updated May 2023.

The performance benchmarks are in this document are slanted toward Final Cut Pro running on Apple Silicon based systems, but similar performance can be expected from Premiere Pro on Apple Silicon.  ProRes can perform very well on Intel based systems as well, it's just harder to find published test results on such systems to use as a basis of camparison when configuring a workstation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines