• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering time

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro and I used Final Cut Pro years ago. I'm working on a project for a company and the rendering is taking hours to complete. I'm not sure what to do to fix this. I have an iMac 2017 with 16 gb of memory. I know I could increase it but it shouldn't be taking this long, should it?

TOPICS
Export , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe.

What media?

What effects and transitions?

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Please post screenshots of your media properties, sequence settings, and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just scenes I shot with my dslr. No effects so there must be a reason this is happening. They are green screen shots but it's needing to render sometimes even before I send to After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Please post screenshots of your media properties, sequence settings, and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots of your media properties, sequence settings (not the sequence), and export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence is 57 minutes which is relatively a long duration so you may expect somehow a long rendering time. Also, most of your clips need rendering, so which effects are you using on those clips (select a clip and post a screenshot showing effects in effects controls panel)?

Besides that, what is the resolution of your sequence and clips (FHD, UHD)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.00.36 AM.png

  

Hi, I'm not really sure what to show. I took a couple other shots. Like I mentioned, I'm learning this quickly to do this project before I really dive in an learn it. I went to bed last night and set this to render and it was only 1/4 done this morning. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 9.00.36 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-03-13 at 8.38.05 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I have different sequences and a main one that I copy and paste the smaller ones into. In the smaller one, a particular scene doesnt need renering, but in the Main one, the same scene need rendering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines