• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated refresh or regeneration of clip thumbnails

Contributor ,
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing in PPRO CC 2014.2 I have noticed now that each time I set a IN AND OUT MARKERS either in the SOURCE WINDOW or do a insert clip onto the SEQUENCE PANE,  all the thumbnails of each clip in the Project window and on the sequence

completely go blank to regenerate or refresh the image of the thumbnail per each clip.

I have to wait until the regeneration is done before I can continue.

I have the Latest desktop MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-Core INtel Xeon with 32 gigs of ram.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

2015.3 is out. Hopefully we can all put this to bed now, after two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 268 Replies 268
Participant ,
May 13, 2016 May 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped getting email alerts from this thread and just dropped by to check it out - that is great news to hear this has been sorted out, thanks so much for the heads-up, Steve!

This has been one of the few bugs that is super annoying and dismal for things like color correction and I am very excited to see it squashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any word on when this will be released? I'm in the middle of a feature and I'm about to switch back to FCP because this stuttering refresh madness is destroying my flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has it been released? The constant blinking is about to give me seizures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today with Premiere Pro and Windows 10, I ran into the same problem as everyone else... blinking thumbnails in timeline with high CPU usage and high Hard Drive usage when using 4k GH4 footage.  CPU will stay pegged around 70% and Memory will jump round 6GB without showing Premier getting any larger in Task Manager.  HDD is pegged around 40% usage and constantly reading something around 40MB/s.  I couldn't do anything in Premiere with the resources pegged.  After 5 min of just sitting, it sometimes stops... until I added a new clip to the timeline, then it all began again.  With multiple timelines open the wait time increased before it stopped.

I can load a project fine, then after doing something like a delete ripple or change tools, or save the project, and every thumbnail in anytime timeline goes bananas. It doesn't matter if it's a clip of direct footage, or another sequence, it happens to everything with a thumbnail.  Sometimes audio's waveforms will start flickering as well.  If I make the layer's height small enough to where it doesn't load thumbnails, then the craziness stops.  PC resources goes back to normal and I can edit again.  If I make the layer height larger for thumbnails, it begins again.

Adobe Premier Pro 2017.1.2

Windows 10

i7-6700K

32GB Ram

GTX 1080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2018 Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe this has been addressed in the new release. I'm on a pc on Premiere Pro 12.1.2 and I also see this problem at work on Mac os. It's not happening every second, but very often this thumbnail refresh issue will begin, so I'll close and reopen the project and that fixes it for a while... until it starts again.

Windows 10

Intel core i7-6800k 3.4ghz

32GB memory

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if this is a universal salve for this bug but I used an ap from Fiplab.com called Memory Clean which purged a lot of ram and for me the problem went away - at least for a while. My problem isn't persistent but does crop up often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2016 Apr 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i’m guessing this is similar to the sudo purge command in terminal. it’s the only thing that worked for me. clearly, it’s a bug that eats up memory. so anything that frees up memory (restart, sudo purge, memory clean, etc) fixes it for a while until then you have to do it again.

--- Ivan Ivanov Video Editor www.ivantheeditor.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.3 is out. Hopefully we can all put this to bed now, after two years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried it out yet? Is it fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tough to say right away as this problem was so random. I have it installed on my machine right now and a project I was having tons of issues with yesterday is working so far with no refreshing thumbnails - in fact playback with thumbnails seems much snappier. I will work today and tomorrow and report back.

I did just attach some proxies from 4K media and it was SO smooth - we waited a while for this workflow in Premiere but after watching the demo videos and trying it briefly myself, it feels like Adobe really nailed it with this implementation.

I couldn't find a bug report anywhere so if someone has that, please post it as it would be great to see what other bugs were squashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issues with 2015.3 so far. *commences wood knocking*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this incredibly painful and crippling issue for nearly 2 years.  I can't believe I've just endured and suffered through it.  I wasn't going to update to 2015.3 b/c I've heard of many having issues.  BUT, when I read here that for many of you it solved the nightmare constant refreshing I just had to jump on the update.

Updating now, and fingers are crossed incredibly tightly.....just hoping that my prayers have been answered.  PLEASE stop the refreshing!!! PLEASE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone got a fix for this yet? We're still experiencing this with both Mac Pro and MacBook Pro running on the latest 2017.0.1 release.

We've tried wiping systems and re-installing and nothing has yet worked we've just been suffering through.

We only use sony's so FS7 XAVC and A7s XAVCS footage.

Importing the footage into the project fixes the issue but obviously also bloats projects hugely until you have a cut your happy with.

Thanks!

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 2022. Same issue. Sony A6600 MP4 4K files. Scroll down in project and thumbnails need to refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Is this a new project or an updated one? If the latter, test with a new project to see if you have the same problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brand new project. Thumbnails refresh everytime I reopen the project, which takes about 5 minutes because I have to scroll down through the clips, otherwise they won't load the thumbnail. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue today, in 2023.  A problem that has now persisted on for 9 years.  When is Adobe going to rebuild all of this software knowing they can't possibly solve all of these issues by continuing to build on top of broken code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

9 years in this thread, and it is still open without 1 actual suggestion on what to do to resolve this issue other than to update the software...I'm in 23.4.0, and this was apparently to be "put to bed" in 2015.3...Where is the face palm emoji?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines