Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repetitive Crash Issue

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recently had one of our computers go down in the middle of a session. When we got the computer up again and tried opening our project file, Premiere crashed within minutes. When we tried to open it again, it opened as a recovery file. We tried to save the recovery file as a regular project file, and Premiere crashed again. This happened on our iMac (specs below), and continues to happen on our iMac Pro (specs below). It affects all saves, including the auto-saves from before the computer crash. Other projects on the same drive appear to be unaffected. This project, and all related saves are the only things affected.

We have multiple editors working off the same central drive, and in trying to research fixes for this, we thought maybe unifying the workspace layouts might resolve this. It seemed like it was helping, but now after about 20 minutes of editing it crashes again.

We have tried copying the media and timelines to another project file, but it continues to crash. We have removed any media that was added on the day of the computer crash, and it continues to crash. We have cleared the cache. We have tried to open the files on multiple machines. The problem persists.

We have copies of the error reports, but they're very lengthy to post. If any parts of them would be useful in resolving this, we can provide! 

Our tech specs: 

In this project file, we're working on a 1920 x 1080 timeline, with a mixture of 1080 and 4k footage scaled down.

iMac:

iMac 2020

Running Catalina Version 10.15.7

3.6GHz 10-Core Intel i9

128 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMB Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

iMac Pro:

iMac Pro 2017

Running Catalina Version 10.15.7

3 Ghz 10-Core Intel Xeon W

64 GB 2666 DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB

(Same issue happens on our iMac as well. I can provide those specs as needed)

Creative Cloud Version: 5.4.5.550 

(We're not keen to update mid-project, but if it’ll fix this, we're willing to try)

Premiere Pro 2021, Version: 15.1.0 (Build 48)

Drive: 

LaCie Big 6 Thunderbolt 3

If anyone has any ideas about other things we could do to try and stop these crashes, it would be greatly appreciated! Any other info needed can be provided. Thank you!

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've done pretty much everything I can think of for recovering a problem project. 

If you've not done this - use the import function or Media browser to import into a brand new project rather than copying ... and maybe try importing just the latest sequence from the original project when the import dialogue box comes up.

If it was just 1 machine with problems I'd also suggest resetting preferences but maybe try that too.

You said the original computer 'went down'. Could this have anything to do with what's happening?

Perhaps a source clip or file within the project has been corrupted. 

Sorry, clutching at straws here.

If nothing works then I'd certainly try upgarding Premiere Pro. I don't think you have anything to lose 😞

I'm still using 15.1 on my Mac too but 15.2 has been pretty good on PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines