• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Clip Match Frame - multiple clips

Participant ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got one version of my source file edited on my timeline. I send the original source file for color correction and get it back. I don't want to replace the original source file in the project panel in case I want to compare so instead I duplicate my edit on a higher track (or other sequence) and I want to replace all these clips with the new color corrected source file.  How do I do this without painstakingly changing my in points for the source file to match each consectutive clip and doing "replace clip match frame"?  This seems like a super easy fix. Any suggestions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duplicate project.

Replace source file with new file in this duplicated project (Replace footage).

Go to first project and import sequence from duplicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a clever solution! But sadly outlines a majorly simple tool missing from premiere.  Here's my actual predicament: My source file is is a linked ae file which premiere will stupidly not let me replace with anything other than an ae linked file.  I'd like to replace instances of the ae link with rendered video.  I know there is a render and replace option but the file is already rendered from ae, I just need the replace part of that process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render your Ae file form AE to an itntermediate file and use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How would you suggest I replace my ae linked clip (edited in timeline) with my newly rendered ae clip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines