• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Fonts in Projects - How to select different font weights within a font family?

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue trying to replace different font weights within the same font family.  I have a file that was produced by a vendor. It uses a different version of the Helvetica font than I own. They used the standard version, whereas I have the pro, and the fonts are not named the same, so Premiere Pro doesn't recognize the font. I need to swap out the different font weights, but the only option I get in "Replace Fonts in Project" is the font family - not the specific weights within it. When I select the font family, it automatically replaces every single version of Helvetica with UltraLight, which is not what I want.  Hoping someone has another way of doing this besides manually updating all the text. 😞 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unless you license the same font, you'll have to update it manually.

Adobe's taken a huge step toward minimizing this type of situation by including Adobe Fonts with every Creative Cloud plan and missing Adobe Fonts download automatically when missing, but of course, that's only helpful if Adobe Fonts are used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines