• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Footage Premier 15.4. How to replace several at a time

Guide ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear developers, give an answer to the Replace Footage post. I am applying again.
I asked you to consider the possibility of improving the function of replacing footages with different quality (LQ to HQ) from the media pool or timeline. Currently, this possibility exists only if you replace one clip at a time, which is unproductive and inefficient in large projects. How much time will it take you to replace 1000 ftages in a project from poor quality to good quality. We are not talking about a proxy. This is a completely different question.
The screen is attached.
With respect to the Adobe development team

TOPICS
Editing , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Post your request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Instead of using Replace Footage.

Make clips off line.

Relink with high quality clips.

You can do multiple clips at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post your request here:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Instead of using Replace Footage.

Make clips off line.

Relink with high quality clips.

You can do multiple clips at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean, in future updates, it would be much more convenient.
Thank you for your support, Ann. I appreciate your work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that when I think something is overly difficult in Premiere, that there's usually already a better way available.  And there is in this case.  

If you select all the relevant clips in the bin and unlink them and then relink them to the replacement, if the replacement clips have the exact same file names as the original clips, but live in a different folder on your media drive, you should be good to go...   If your bin structure makes selecting all the clips in question timeconsuming, you can just rename the containing folders on your media drive (when Premiere is not running) and when you relaunch your project, Premiere will tell you media is offline and you can then relink to the missing media.  If the folder structure for the replacement media matches the folder structure of the original media, I don't think you'll even have to do the relink dance... 

I do this all the time if I find performance suffers too much because of the codec of the camera original and decide to transcode to a more edit friendly format.  And you don't need to worry about the file extension matching as long as the file name (before the .mov or .mp4 or whatever) matches the original media.

Never really plumbed the depths of the "replace clip" command and how it differs from unlink and relink, but it may work the same way.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boy, in the time it took me to answer, Ann beat me to the punch.   So "replace footage" only works on a single clip?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely right. That's what we're talking about. It was just more convenient for me to use this function this way. Now only one can be replaced. I think they will reconsider this possibility. I believe it would be correct for most users and much faster. But, I did not forget about the alternative, which I told Ann about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replace footage is imo usefull when wanting to replace with a totally different clip.

Yes Replace footage only works on one clip at a time. How else is Premiere going to know which clip you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response and prompt advice. If about the link above that you sent, they do not respond there. I have already sent some good recommendations for improving the product. They didn't hear me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your response and prompt advice. If about the link above that you sent, they do not respond there. I have already sent some good recommendations for improving the product. They didn't hear me.

By @Baffy19

The engineers generally don't respond, but they do read everything and put everything in a big database.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, should I duplicate the idea of updating the function specified today to the developers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to post in the UserVoice.

Suggestions on this forum are not read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, when the Replace Footage function had the opportunity to select which clips on the timeline I need to replace and directly proportionally in the system browser window, I could equally mark the amount of media that I allocated on the timeline. After that, several clips would be replaced with new ones from the browser in one action. It is productive and effective. This would have been a completely modified function and found its place and would have been perceived on wow by users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines