• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace Media function in Premiere Pro

Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm having trouble with the replace media funtion in Premiere Pro. I usually make sub clips and then replace the old media with the new subclips in my template. For awhile now, it has not been working. Has anyone else run into this issue? 

Thanks, 

--Jes

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about it isn't working?

You are referring to holding ALT when you drag a clip into the timeline to replace media that's already there?  

I haven't tried this with subclips before but I'll give it a go here shortly and see if I notice an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Phillip, 

Before, I could just drag and drop my subclip over into the selected replaced video. So, I would click on the clip I would like to replace. Then drag the new subclip over from my new video and drop it into the replace area on the screen. This has worked for the past 3 years. Has the functionality changed where I now need to hold ALT?

Also, I did notice this would work (without holding ALT) with new clips but not my subclips anymore. Thoughts? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacing via the Program Monitor is an alternative method to what I described, yes. I just did a test and it did indeed work for a subclip. Can you check your Source Patching to see if that is toggled off for your subclip? I think it might affect your ability to do a replace when you use the Program Monitor. (Source Patching should be toggled on.)

Source Patching.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Phillip, 

I'm still not getting it to work but I'm not 100% on the source patching item. I will research a bit more and see if I just need to know more about that item. If there are any articles, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

--Jes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines