• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replace source files with edited clips on harddrive and in premiere project

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello community I have a question for the experienced premiere pro users. For my youtube channel I film a lot of video material (about 14 hours per project). This video material I edit afterwards to about 20 minutes together.
Now, due to the input material, extreme amounts of data accumulate that I don't need. so my question is, is there a function in premiere pro that allows me to replace the source clips with the edited clips after editing? I don't want to keep all the junk data, just the clips that made it into the video and at the same time keep those clips linked in the premiere project.
So far I could not find anything on this. I use Premiere pro 23.

Looking forward to hear from you,

best

Lukas

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Hey Rob, first of all thank you kindly for your answer: What you decribe seems to be a workaround as well, but I'm currently testing if maybe the render and replace function is what I was searching for all the time (I found it after I posted the question as a related topic). 

If this is not the desired solution I will try out your way. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding you correctly you could go to file/project manager. If you have a sequence checked you can have Premiere create a folder and copy of your project and used media into a new folder. You could then delete the original folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rob, first of all thank you kindly for your answer: What you decribe seems to be a workaround as well, but I'm currently testing if maybe the render and replace function is what I was searching for all the time (I found it after I posted the question as a related topic). 

If this is not the desired solution I will try out your way. Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out I was searching for a basic function. I will not delete the thread in case someone else is as nooby as I am

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines