• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize color matte after creation

Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already created a color matte, and I want to change its size (in pixels) rather than scaling & cropping it. Is there a way to modify the original size that I set when I created it? 

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't think so, but why do you want to do this?  I just scaled a color matte up to over 3000% and don't see any degradation in the image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't quite figure out the right size to set it to & was doing it by trial and error... I had the aspect ratio wrong originally. So if I scale it up, then I have to crop it as well. It was easier to start over because I couldn't figure out how to edit the original values

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot edit the original values but you can replace clip from bin with a color matte with the correct values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I don't quite understand what you're attempting, but if you already created a color matte, can’t changes be made through Effects Controls? 

Have you tried the following? 

Select the matte on your timeline.  In the Effects Controls panel, click the arrow next to Motion to open Scale Height and Scale Width, then uncheck Uniform Scale to make adjustments.  It’s not a pixel change, but scaling provided borders behind two separate images in a video I created.  I hope that’s what you were looking for, or at least point you in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines