• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resolution

Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am currently working on a project, everithing shot in 5k and i would like to zoom and everything but of course the clip will lose its resolution and i would like to see how much do i have resolution left after i zoomed in my clip. So does anybody can help me with that ?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything will depend on what your result will be when you output the Master clip. If you plan to output in a lower 4K resolution, you can use Scale in frames up to 12% without loss. If you plan to output videos in Full HD 1080P, then you will have much more opportunities to play with Scale in shots. Well, if you output in 5L and use Scale, you will lose in quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with baffy. You might want to create a 4K sequence so you can pan and scan (crop) with out affecting the image quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depends on your sequence settings and final output. You haven't noted anything about that yet. That said, when you bring your clip into your sequence that is of a lower resolution than your footage (4k or lower for 5K footage). Then scale it down to fit. The gap between what it is now and what it was is your wiggle room. I believe it will be at 88%, so you have a bit of wiggle room. If you do 1080p output, then you'll have 60% or so wiggle room, which is a lot. Anyways, hopefully that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines