Retrieving lost projects

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.I recently did a factory reset on my PC and when I reinstalled Adobe it only gave me the 2022 version.Now all of my projects I completed are gone.Is there any way to retrieve them?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which Adobe application you're using so we can move the thread to the correct forum.

Unless you store your documents on another drive other than the default Windows location which is in the user profile folders you're out of luck.

A factory reset usually wipes the C Drive. You should always keep a backup of your important files on either a separate drive or to the cloud or both.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Pro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The projects aren't related to your version of Premiere Pro. You can still find them. However, if you had them on your computer, and you did a factory reset, it wiped everything from your computer (that's what a factory reset is for). You need to restore them from your backups, if any.  If you had stored them in the cloud, they would still be there.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Using The Community forum to Premiere Pro forum.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test screen did a great post, and ill add if all his ideas fail, sometimes you can use data recovery tools like easus(that's if you didn't do a bit wipe, just a partition delete and didn't have bitlocker or something enabled.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did you have your projects before? is it possible you lost them because of the factory reset?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines