• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Reveal in Project' Command not working from Timeline clips

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just upgraded to the very latest 2018 update of Premiere Pro CC and I'm having two issues that I can't seem to solve.

The main issue is the following:

1) When right-clicking on a clip in the timeline, I click on the 'Reveal in Project' command but nothing happens. I'm using the standard workspace configuration

but the Reveal command seems to have no effect in the window.

Also:

2) With the update, when I make changes to the Workspace (selection) bar at the top, the choices don't seem to carry over to the next time the project is opened.

(All of the Workspace titles reappear in their initial default positions even though I have moved some to the 'Overflow' or 'Do Not Show' positions).

Thanks very much for any help!

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

The Reveal in Project issue should be addressed in the 12.1.2 update that was just released.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is under investigation and hopefully can be fixed soon (sorry, I cannot give an ETA). As Neal mentioned, it is also helpful to post in Premiere User Voice for issues and feature requests.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you change the audio with "Edit Clip in Audition" you can't use the "Reveal in project" function. Win 10 64 bit prof, CC P Pro 12.1.1

Huge bug!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. Edit Clip in Adobe Audition is an audio Render and Replace operation. You can see it listed as such in the History panel and will also notice that the video and audio files are now different colors in the Timeline after performing Edit Clip in Adobe Audition, but remain linked. You will also see an audio file added to the Project panel.

If you select the clip, it is now selecting a video and separate audio file, so Reveal in Project is dimmed since you are basically selecting multiple files. Hold down the Option/Alt key while selecting the audio or video clip in the Timeline to only select the audio or video. Right-click and now you should see Reveal in Project enabled to reveal the audio or video file in the Project panel.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Right-click and now you should see Reveal in Project enabled to reveal the audio or video file in the Project panel."

We should, but due the bug it wouldn't work anyway  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a software solution, but a fix that worked for me:

1. Save all your open projects.
  2. Quit Premiere
  3. Open Adobe Creative Cloud
  4. Go to apps, find Premier and uninstall
  5. Reinstall

The "reveal in project" option should work correctly now. If this doesn't work...

Locate and delete your Premier preferences file (after quitting Premier, obviously). Once  you re-start Premier, it will build a new preferences file. You will lose all of your work preferences, which is a pain, but you can set these back up easily enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with the 2018 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstal Premier, but save preferences. Reinstal. Problem should be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this problem in PPro 12.1.1 Build 10 on Mac 10.13.5

I tried the fixes above with no solution... Please advise... This is a feature I use MANY times per session.

SO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try closing premier, deleting preferences file, uninstall and re install. You'll have to re set up your preferences, but it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Reveal in Project issue should be addressed in the 12.1.2 update that was just released.

More information on fixed issues and new functionality:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/fixed-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has reappeared in the newest update v13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sure has. This is brutal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up this is a problem for the 2019 version. Its never happened to me before. Frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was happening to me too in v2019, but a Premiere restart sorted it out. When the reveal wasn't working, there was another issue with the Project panel. I was unable to double-click to open any bin. Nothing would happen. These two are possibly related to each other. I'm on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue popped up on both the MAC workstation I use at work and the Precision in my home office after upgrading to 2019. The solution I found for both is to close the project, exit out of premiere and open again. I can find clips, timelines and assets with no problem.

Restarting might also be an option but make sure you open the same project you closed.

With every roll out their's always something and like I said before I am so grateful for the users who have to deal with these issues and find solutions that should have been thought of by Adobe.

You guys are great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has surfaced for me on 13.1 (Build 193)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i'm on 22.6.2 and someone gave me their project file from another drive/computer and i'm having the issue with certain clips. not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have actually unearthed a solution that solves not only this issue but every single bug in Premiere.  It's not that different from the suggestions already mentioned here, and is in fact even simpler.  A lot of people report that uninstalling and reinstalling has helped - my method is actually less complicated. 

Step 1: Uninstall. 

Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem in 13.0.2 (Build 38) on Windows 10. I guess I'll have to try that workspace palaver. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hellopaul,

Sorry, man. This should be working. Please file this issue here: Premiere Pro: Hot (3662 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

That way, our devs can react.

Happy Holidays,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm.  I'm on 13.1.2, and it just started happening to me as well, out of the blue.  I did recently add it to my Keyboard Shortcuts... but now that doesn't work, nor does even shift-clicking on the audio clip and selecting "Reveal in Project" from the pulldown...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v13.1, 1 year after it was supposedly fixed.  On Win 10, all updates.  Still can not reveal in project.  What is the deal here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it greyed out and unavailable or does it just not do anything?

Is it in only one project or all? And to be sure, on projects created in the newest version and not updated from an older version?

Trying to establish the situation as your behavior is not  common now. So we'll need to figure out what leads to this on your system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem previously (and mentioned in this thread), but I cannot reproduce it on my current version of Premiere - 13.1.2 Build 9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines