• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reveal in project not working and files not showing up in bin AGAIN

Enthusiast ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue resurfaced again last night. I had 2 projects open at once. I went into "Project A" and copied some clips from "Timeline 1", then went to a timeline in "Project B" called "timeline 2" and hit paste. and the clips showed up on my timeline. but when I right click the clip on the timeline and press reveal in project, it shoots me to the project area and an empty folder. I did a search for the file name verbatim in premiere and nothing comes up in the search even though I can see the clips on my timeline. The clips are 4k. So because I'm not able to access them in the project panel, theres no way to right click on them to choose "create proxy". I sent the project file and media to a friend who was using a PC and not a mac, and he said he experienced the same problem as me. This seems like a bug (i'm using adobe premiere 23.0.0 build 63).

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have checked your autosave folder?    Maybe try copying the sequence from Project A to Project B and then copying and pasting between timelines...  You may have discovered a bug.  I've done this many times but not in Premiere 23.  I'm stuck in Premiere 22 on my 2012 MacBookPro, and haven't been working on the windows machine in Premiere 23 cause sometimes I need to take a project on the road with the macbookpro...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did paste between the 2 timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but were both timelines in the same project?  Just guessing that copying the contents of a timeline BETWEEN projects might be problematic...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no they were not in the same project. quoting from original post:

I had 2 projects open at once. I went into "Project A" and copied some clips from "Timeline 1", then went to a timeline in "Project B"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just making sure and suggesting that a possible workaround is to copy the sequence to the second project and then try the copy and paste...  and worth a quick test.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll try and test your theory in a few hours but this bug shouldnt be happening. the footage shouldnt be invisible in the project, and we shouldnt have to use work arounds to make the footage NOT invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we're dealing with very complex software and many people expect it to work flawlessly on a vast variety of hardware and software...  Just doesn't happen and has never happened.   I've been working with NLE's since the early 90's starting with a turnkey Avid media composer.  Avid supplied everything; hardware, software and even the cables (beautifully labeled).  And still things went wrong, updates created odd and inconsistent and unpredictable issues...    And it cost over $40,000.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried copying and pasting from Timeline 1 in Project A to Timeline 2 in Project B and the pasted clips showed up immeidately in the Project B tab.  This is Premier Pro 23.1 (Build 86) under macOS 11.7.1.

Reveal in Project from the Clip Boundaries in either Timeline 1 or Timeline 2 go to the source as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 23.0.0. (build 63). I wont update to 23.1 because when I did a few weeks ago everything played laggy so i downgraded back to 23.0.0. Can you try in 23.0.0. and see what you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@rachelcenter 

Since rolling back to 23.0 requires uninstalling 23.1, I'm afraid I cannot test that version for you.

I tried the same thing in Premiere Pro 22.6 and Premiere Pro 15.4.5.  Each behaves as expected.

Some things you can try on your end:

• What happens if you tab over to Project B prior to doing the paste to Timeline 2?  Before doing the paste, I see only one item (Sequence 2) in the Project B tab before the paste and then the source footage included in the copy action after the paste.
  • What happens if you close Project A immediately after the paste to Timeline 2 in Project B?  So, go to the Project B tab pop-up menu and choose Close All Other Projects.
  • Have you tried exporting a selection as Premiere project?  Right-click the Timeline 1 Sequence and then choose File > Export > Selection as Premiere Project....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem in Version 23.3.0 (Build 61). Did you find any solution to the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files are hidden. just right click on project window and click see hidden. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines