• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ridiculous keyframe bug that I can't believe still exists...

Participant ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For as long as I have used a dual monitor setup (probably the past decade or so), there has been a bug that I have come to just live with, but is quite annoying. Whenever I have position or opacity keyframes on a clip, unchecking the stopwatch icon will cause Premiere to "encounter a serious problem" and close.

Having just gotten a Mac Studio, I held high hopes that this may finally be the machine/verison of Premiere that would no longer have this issue. But alas...

The only conclusion I can come to is that Premiere doesn't like how I have my windows set up in the dual monitor arrangment. This has happened on every machine and every version of Premiere I have ever used a two monitor workspace for. We're talking about 5 different machines, between at home and workplaces I have been employed.

And I'm not just reusing preferences from old versions. I usually start fresh every time I'm on a new machine, and rebuild it to my liking.

But I'd say 9 times out of 10, if I go to remove those keyframes by clicking the stopwatch, this is the result. Out of habit, I have just started selecting them all, deleting them, THEN unchecking the stopwatch, which does not cause the problem. I've learned to live with it, but I find it a tad ridiculous this still exists, this many years later.

If, by chance, anyone has experienced this AND found a fix, I'd be amazed and eternally grateful.

TOPICS
Crash , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is user-to-user, and yes, it's good to get information like this out to the users here.

But it is also necessary to get this to the devs, and to do that, you need to post as least a detailed piece as the above over on their Premiere Pro UserVoice portal. That is the direct input portal into both the developers and to the all important M&E people above the teams who make budgetary decisions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was unaware of that forum - just posted there. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post a link back on this thread, others of us can quickly go an upvote it ... very useful to do so!

And thanks.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested by @R Neil Haugen , I have posted about this in the Premiere UserVoice Portal as well:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/45402646-fix-for-position-a... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I was the second vote ...  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines