Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ripple delete stops playhead movement

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I use the "ripple delete" a lot to clear space between clips while I´m editing. Sometimes I let the playhead moving (playback) while I cut and ripple delete the clips. But since I changed to Premiere CC 2018, things have changed, for worse! When I use ripple delete now the playhead go to the end of the clip automaticaly and stops there. I would like it to keep moving as it was before. I´ve searched for it but found nothing. Does anyone knows some way to get this?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question still!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea,  I have the same problem. Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea,  I have the same problem. Any solution?

By @David23099928ftyk

Update to 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still same in 2022..how you solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, this is normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be such a huge help!!  Do we need to add it as a feautre add somewhere?  To be more clear I often have long stretches where I need to remove dead space.  I watch the wave forms during playback in the timeline, when I see the audio waveform ending I can make a cut (add edit to all tracks, mapped to my y-key), and playback will continue, but when I see the waveform about to start again, I hit the (ripple trim - mapped to my q-key) and it does a lovely fast ripple edit, but the play back stops.  Then I have to hit space bar each time to start it again.  It would be great to not have to hit space bar again each time, and do a real time edit without stopping.  This may sound nitpicky but it would help for this part of the process, and this is not the final edit just trimming the fat.  Is there another way to do this that I am not seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The feature is already been implemented, don't know when, but It's certainly in 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines