• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ripple Trim to Previous Edit to Playhead no longer trims 1 frame in Premiere 2022

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously, if your playhead was at the beginning of a clip, you could press the Ripple Trim to Previous Edit shortcut and it would delete one frame of the clip. This no longer works in Premiere 2022.

Is this a bug or a feature? If this is a feature, a toggle would be much appreciated because I use this constantly.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

We have added the desired functionality, Ripple trim of first frame when you are at the head of a clip, as a new shortcut - Ripple Delete Head Frame. This is in the current Premiere Pro 22.5 Beta (build 032+) available in Creative Cloud.

Back by popular demand you can ripple delete one frame at a time with your preferred keyboard shortcut. To use it, set up a Keyboard Shortcut (Option-Command-K) and search for “Ripple Delete Head Frame.” Once you have designated your KBS, position your playhea

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron,

It's frustrating, however, it does make sense. You and others were using a feature in a way that it was not designed to do. Not sure where you learned that it worked this way, in addition to the way it was designed, but it is not in any of our documentation.

The team considered it a bug, found it, and then "fixed" it. So, it makes sense how it flew under the radar now that you know the full story. You can still use version 15.x if it messes your workflow up badly. Otherwise, your option is to Ripple Trim the way the documentation says it works - for now, anyway.

Apologies,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cameron,

Thanks for the message. Appreciated. Have you upvoted yet? https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44363268-cursor-frame-behav...

Please do!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed - absolutely need this back. This is - hands down - most used shortcut. Please let us know as soon as this is fixed. Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most used shortcut? Seriously? OK. It's just rather wild that I've been here since the dawn of Q and W, and I've never heard this one before v.22 sunk it. Really sorry, Erik.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I am too )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The definitly need to fix this ASAP. This is easily my most used shortcut and speeds up my workflow an enormous amount. 

How is there now option to delete/trim just one frame in front of the playhead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DFD,

Really. "Most used shortcut??" Seriously? I need to find out where you guys all learned this one. It came out of left field for me. 😉

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please fix this soon! it's incredibly annoying and slowing my editing down considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I also wanted to note how essential this "bug" was/is for a fast workflow in Premiere. Probably one of the futures I use the most. I personally won't upgrade to the next version of Premiere Pro until I can use this feature in the new version exactly as I do now. It would cost too much time and nerves.
Honestly, I'm also pretty disappointed about how you can remove such a vital feature without consulting the community. So far, every friend and colleague I've talked to about this feature has been like, "What? How could they just remove that?"
Since there was talk here about adding a custom hotkey to Premiere for removing a frame... that honestly wouldn't really help. I mean, it's really not that hard to program a custom hotkey that does exactly what ripple trim has done so far! But the problem is that you have to take your finger off the ripple trim keys (in my case q and w) every time!!!! That would add up to a lot more work and wasted time in the long run. I hope that the feature described by phatcorns comes back soon. I would be very happy about an option to activate/deactivate the feature described by phatcorns in the preferences!

PS: Also I think it would make sense if Ripple Trim Next Edit To Playhead would do the same as Ripple Trim To Previous Edit.... just in the opposite direction obviously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have, of course. I have also sent to all other people I know who have the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also wanted to weigh in about how much I used this! Let's have it back pls 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted about this issue when I was using the premiere beta version a couple of months ago.

Can't belive they didnt fix it and put it in the official version.

I'm reverting back to the old version until they fix it.

Please fix ASAP, I use this feature more than a thousand times during a rough cut and so does many other people that I know of.

This was not a BUG, this was a FEATURE, a useful one too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A question for Adobe developers: why did you create a Beta version of the programs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complaining to devs? I've told you before. Take your giant bold type and go here, Baffy: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro 😉

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vote vote vote!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CiscoLC,

Sorry. It was not technically a feature since it was not listed in official documentation. For example, I edit on a daily basis and was completely unaware of the way you use the shortcut. It's not in the docs and that's the single source of truth for a support person such as me.

To be honest, it was not known that users were using the feature in this manner. Things like this fly under the radar sometimes and providing feedback can return previous behaviors back into the application, so do not lose heart. 

Have you upvoted the feature request yet? Do so here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44363268-cursor-frame-behav...

I'm not on the team, but I have reported this issue, as well.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree! Now I feel like I`m working with one hand.

PLS fix this ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Artpechka,

Sorry. Have you upvoted the feature request yet? Do so here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/44363268-cursor-frame-behav...

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines