Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roll Tool Keyboard Shortcut Not Working; Timeline Lag

Participant ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

A couple of problems that have inexplicably popped up that are making for a subpar editing experience.

Problem #1: the roll tool. With two clips next to each other, I use Shift-N to select the edit point, then Option-[Right Arrow] or Option-[Left Arrow] to roll the edit. Shift-N works, but as soon as I hit Option-Arrow, the edit point is deselected and nothing happens. What I cannot understand is that this happens SOMETIMES (i.e. with SOME clips), but then at other times works as expected. I checked to see if I mistakenly mapped some keyboard shortcut but I didn't.

Problem #2: Timeline Lag. I'm editing 4k footage shot on a S1H, and have attached proxies functioning. However, after about 15-20 timeline operations (lassoing and moving clips, copy/pasting clips from other sequences, trimming), everything starts to slow down. A full one-second pause when I hit spacebar to play, lassoing and moving clips with the mouse has a horrible lag... until I close and reopen the sequence (don't even have to quit Premiere). That buys me 15-20 more operations before I have to do that again. Things I've tried that haven't worked: clearing/deleting the Media Cache, and creating a new project and importing the old one (my media and sequences) in.

Any insight is helpful, I love y'all.

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, my specs!

10-core iMac Pro, 128GB RAM, OS 12.6.3, Premiere 23.1.0.

Media is on an external OWC RAID connected via Thunderbolt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*All media is on a RAID 0, which is at about 30% capacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines