• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rolling title unstable

Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i am doing roilling title at the end of my video and i notice that it is kind of trembling, titles don't scroll smooth

what could be the problem?

thank you

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This tends to be because of fps and screen refresh rates.

For setting a scroll, it's good to have a monitor that you can set for many refresh rates. You want to have the monitor and your sequence running the same fps/refresh, or have the monitor at twice the refresh of the sequence FPS if at all possible.

Next ... make sure your scroll moves at whole-pixel increments. To figure this out, set your Timeline to show frames rather than timecode. Note how many frames it takes the roll to run. As you really want numbers that are easy to divide in whole-integer numbering, changing the length of the graphic to get a number of frames that would be divisible by 3, 4, and 5 is a good idea.

Next, check the ECP for position (vertical) of the scroll, the beginning subtracted from the end. This gets you how many pixels of motion you have.

Now divide the number of vertical pixel change by the number of frames. You need to get a whole-number, no fractions here. So again, work with both the total pixels of vertical motion or length of the graphic to adjust to get a whole-number result.

If you have a crawl with 10,000 pixels vertical motion, at say 5 pixels per frame change, that would be 10,000 divided by 5 for a result of 2,000. Set your crawl run-length for 2,000 frames.

This is an example ... depending on the size of your text and length of the lines per line, you may need to move from 4 pixels vertical motion per frame to 8. Whatever looks good to you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello need some clarifications

first about the monitor: even if i adapt the refresh rate of my monitor to my sequence, that will be for my monitor. What happen when the video will be played in other monitors or tv?

then the count

my timeline now is showing the frame, on the ruler when the playhead reach 24 go the next second

lets say at start..1:00:00..then it reach 1:00:24 and then 1:01:00

is that correct? if so i can read the lenght of my rolling clip, and it is 52:20

so as fps is fps, i will have 52x25+20 frames. It is 1300 frames and if i divide it by 5 i will have an integer

Is that correct?

the other thing i don t get it

what is ECP?you saying i should calcultae  end of titleclip - start of titleclip right?

but don t understand where to get these values form

thanks for help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i see ECP isw the effect control panel.

If i go there and i check the varius parameter, i think you mean POSITION, the number is the same bith at the beginning and the end, 960x540. don t see other change in the value

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have your timeline panel set for frames, it doesn't show 00:00:00, is just shows a number ... like 24680. Which makes it easy to do your calculations.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in PROJECT SETTINGS i have set the DISPLAY FORMAT to FRAME

but i don t see anything change in the timeline ruler sill see 00:00:00:00

anyway this should be for the first of the calculation

what i can t really find is the vertical pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yikes.  Neil, this is a great post but gotta say I usually just play with the speed in small incremeents til it looks ok and sometimes add a little bit of vertical motion blur.   I guess it all depends on how crazy you want to get (and for me, usually that's pretty crazy).    I can remember people recommending adding a little bit of noise.  Never helped as far as I could see.

And I usually find that I can do a better job of laying out the scroll in photoshop rather than in Premiere.   But that may be because I've never had the time and/or focus to dig in to the text formatting options in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello mrgrenadier would you explain me more what would you do?photoshop?

i woul dlike to find a smooth way to make roll credit. I am not saying easy or short, but smooth with a clear procedure

why there are all these problem with premiere with an important thing like roll credits?may be can i use a third part software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been the general advice if you cannot get a descent scroll in Premiere is to make the text in Ps and animate in Premiere.

I never had any issues with scrolls in Pr.: fiddle with the settings until I get it how I want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what settings shaill i  fiddle with?seems there is no much

now that i am thinking about i always had this kind of problem though

No that it is unusable, but it os not well smooth as i see in film on tv o cinema. A little tremour is always there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before make the text in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not a premiere issue, it's the nature of the beast.  Making smooth vertically scrolling text is difficult in every program as far as I know.  And certain fonts may be better than others...  I find laying out text easier in photoshop, but that may just be me.  There is a service that will make a smooth title sequence for you but when I tried to use them, I found their templates difficult to customize the way I needed...  I don't remember the name of the company, but do some googling or post back and I'll try and remember...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This practice is from Jarle, and after you've done it once, it's a heck of a lot faster than fiddling with settings until it 'looks' ok.

You need to have full-frame pixel movement as if there's partial-frame pixel movement vertically it must jump up or down a bit.

So ... check veritical position movement figure in the ECP to see what the number is.  Fast to do, simply grab the right-sided scroll bar and slide top to bottom or the CTI and move from beginning to end. You can add a few pixels of movement at either end to get a number easily divisible by 3,4, or 5 quickly.

Now divide the vertical movement by say 4, and set the length of the total crawl equal to that number by the Frame count in the timeline. Check to see if the movement is readable. Adjust to say 3 pixels/frame if too fast, 5 pixels/frame if too slow.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy if I never had to do another one of these again, but this thread is getting bookmarked.  Now it'll be interesting to see if I can remember where the bookmark is when the need arises.  at least we don't have to deal with interlacing issues anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or get Jarle Leirpoll's book. He hates wasting time thinking over something he's already done once.  😉

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry i can t understand ho to check this vertical pixel

i have a text part on my timeline on i can see it on my program monitor

i click on it the part an i can check the details in the ecp

i see the values of the position in the ecp and they are at the default 960 540

Now you says to scroll the bar, i scroll right blu bar of th eprogram monitor and see the text box going up and down

but the values of position in the ecp never change

what am i doing wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let me clarify one thing

i am doing the roll using the ROLL option of the graphic section in text

Or may be i should do a plain text and manually animate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find this is his book. What page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't understand what you mean..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starts on page 663 of the printed version, the End Credits section of Chapter 7, Motion Graphics in Premiere Pro.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so there is a book for premiere, you wrote it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro by Jarle Leirpoll.

Avialable most easily in ebook/pdf, but also in some places by paper book. Massive book ... detailed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on English PDF - 663

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the settup. Note the Graphics section at the top of the ECP ... and that I'm on the Text section, the vertical position for that.

And that I'd right-clicked on the timeline Timecode window, and selected Frames to show the time.

So this crawl starts at 1600 for vertical position, and on frame 840.

Neil

Crawl Roll Settings.PNG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok withgh the number of frame i was fine already(now i could switch to frame and the value is the sam ei calculated before)

now vertical pixels:

i see you are not using the "roll" feature of the sw, but you animate the text yourself right?

you says that your vertical position is 1600 but for what i understand i see you have 952,4 as starting vetical position, right?

that is just when the title start to crawl is it?

than i have to move the title to the top until it disappear,and there i would find be the vertical position of the ending point 

is all these correct till now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines