• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run out of application memory

Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even boot up my project anymore, because I have 'run out of system memory'. I am so frustrated.

I am a cinematographer and video editor. I have many hard drives of footage that is big (RED camera footage ect).

My old computer worked fine for editing projects, but once I started trying to make a showreel using all footage from lots of different projects, on lots of different drives and.... it stalled immidiately. So, I bought a 24TB fast Ext HD, transferred everything on to that, and tried again. Again, the computer could not handle it. So I went through my piggy bank and forked out for a Macbook Pro M1 Max.

And the result. The same! But with a new error message. "Your system has run out of application memory".

I have gone through my Premiere Pro setting and re-roted and deleted cache files, as well as multiple other optimising settings. I have cleared a lot of files from the computer which is less than half full on storage. I have made proxies of the video files in the timeline. I have playback set to 1/16 of the res of those proxies.

Still, system failure and lag. I am lost. I understand that importing footage from lots of different folders on the drive is a bit to proccess, but with everything I have done to combat the lag, it should work better than this.

I can't move forward in my business without sorting this issue. Any help would be so appriciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Richard,

Sorry about the poor experience. This must be frustrating for you. Could you share your source file properties? Are you using any third-party plugins? What proxy settings are you using? Also, let us know which version of Premiere Pro you are currently using.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried transcoding or creating proxies, Richard? That may work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an M2 pro Mac mini and the same issue. It just collapses at the 95GB.

But the same project works on Macbook Pro i9 processor. (which shows me, that project takes 135gb to still work).

This is f*cking nonsense and frustrating. The whole day lost with NO solutions and even reinstalled Mac mini M2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines