• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

S-Log3 footage not hitting 100 in lumetri scopes

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took some S-Log3 footage (S-Gamut3 color) and put it in the latest version of Premiere. I have "Auto Detect Log Video Color Space" enabled in preferences. But the video doesn't seem to hit 100 on the waveform. (please see attached pictures)

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 6.29.44 PM.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-28 at 6.30.07 PM.jpg

Is this the correct behavior for this footage and you just have to manually adjust it yourself or is this a bug/user error?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To possibly answer my own question, I used the "Legal to Full Range, 10-bit" Lumetri preset and that seems to have done the trick. I guess I'll still ask, is this the correct workflow for S-Log3 footage shot on an A7s iii?Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 6.51.38 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, maybe not. I took a video with the lens cap on to figure out what the blacks looked like, and they look like this before applying "Legal to Full Range":

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.29.58 PM.jpg

And then when applying the Legal to Full Range effect it looks like this and does appear to crush the blacks:

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 9.30.07 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines