• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Button Editor Layout

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone ever been able to save thier button layout for the Program or Source windows?  

I'm used to hitting some of those buttons instead of using keyboard shortcuts.  It would be a nice feature to add it to the syncing ability for your user.  

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the icon options at the bottom of those two monitors? I work totally from my custom workspaces, and the buttons are always as I set them in those. Just realized, I've no idea if they are "sticky" when you change a built-in workspace. Maybe not ... huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 😞
When reopening the layout project, the editor button returns to "default"
no matter if I work on 1 or 2 monitors.
What can be done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved the layout as a custom workspace? Or is this with the builti-in workspaces?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Custom workspace, I use several... but when reopening the project, everything returns to default 😞
Both on Windows and on MAC.
Does anyone know how to set the editor button not to return to "default"?  Tks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the rest of the workspace save? As I know at times, especially with disc permission issues, custom workspaces don't get re-accessed properly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, all workspaces keep the position of the windows as we saved or modified them last time.
Only the command signs under program monitor return to default.
it's frustrating because I need to jump to chapters, or multicam, or off all effect, or grid on/off etc... 😞
The strange thing is that I have the same problem on the Windows machine as on the MAC = I deduce that I am not doing something right...
I don't know 😞 but I would gladly find out how to do it.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh ... that is weird.

@Kevin-Monahan  ... you got any ideas? Are the Program monitor layouts saved with general workspaces or ... ? Could there be a permission issue with file somewhere here?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I reopen the project, I have to redo the necessary buttons... and it's frustrating, even if it takes a while.
Change often between projects/selections/archives/sequential imports etc...
It should also be noted that on both computers, I work as a user and not as an admin... Although I don't think it should matter?
On windows, I uninstalled Premiere and reinstalled = no change, the buttons start by default...
I've been working with Adobe suites for over 20 years, but I've never seen anything like this 😞
I hope to find out... Thanks for your involvement.
VD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  New computer build with Windows 11 and I cannot get the buttons to return the way I left them.  Never was an issue with Windows 10.  Any solutions yet?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jason,

I posted the link to the bug report on this in your thread.

This thread started in mid-2022. But as a bug, it appears to have occurred with the last update?

For anyone in this thread, be sure to upvote the bug report here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/why-don-t-button-layouts-save-or-work-with-sync-set...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines