• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving multiple exports as a batch

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recorded a concert with multiple cameras. Having synchronised everything, balanced the light as best I can, and done a multi-track edit, I'd now like to export.

I need to export it as individual pieces, rather than the whole concert, sticking apropriate titling etc on the beginning and end of each. Set In/Out point then export. So far, so good. However, I would very much like to be able to repeat that export, after tweaking some settings. Maybe the MD didn't like me including the shot of them looking goofy. Maybe the light needed adjusting on one of the tracks. Maybe I missed out a name of one of the performers on the closing title slide.

Is there a way to save multiple in/out points, or a set of exports to then load it up and redo all the exports? Ideally, I'd like to include track titles there, but if it did it as export_1, export_2, etc, I can always catch that and rename them later.

At present I'm including the clothing graphic on a hidden track, extended to the limits of the track so I can set my in/out points to the selection and export - but I still have to this for each one. Not such an issue when it's four long pieces, but a real pain when the gig was 20+ short pieces.

Adobe query.png

I did try pushing it all to Media Encoder and then saving the list, but that only worked once or twice then started throwing errors..

(Side note - I'm annoyed that I'm having to cut it up into individual pieces in the same place as my multi-track edit, but I'm aware of the bug with nested sequenced. Found that one out the hard way on the last concert.)

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Well, I can tell you that there is no method of saving sets of in/out points. At least not natively. 

You really have two options in terms of trying to batch encode things and that would be to commence the way you have been by setting in/out points in the sequence and queueing it up, or by breaking each of these videos out into its own sequence. Theoretically if you did that you could tweak whatever things you wanted and then send them to AME in one go, but you do have to decide which of those options is more convenient for you.  

At a certain point I would think that you would not have a need to set custom in/out points for everything since you'd only be making small tweaks on specific videos and re-exporting those, right? Maybe I'm not grasping the full context of what you're trying to do because it seems easy enough to make a selection, hit / to set in/out points, CTRL M, name, queue. (The naming part would potentially be a bit more automatic if they were in their own sequences since it takes the sequence name.)

Also, I'm not familiar with the nested sequence bug you mentioned. What is that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, hopefully, get to a point where I'm just doing the odd tweak, and at that point, as you say, the Ctrl/M option works.

I hadn't thought about sticking each one in its own sequence. I'll have a look at seeing how easy that is at this stage in the project. Looks like it should certainly make things a bit quicker for the next one if nothing else. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The nested sequences bug - if you nest your sequences too many deep, performance takes a massive hit and it becomes unusable.

I originally had a sequence per camera to synchronise each of the individual video files with the good audio.

Then I had a sequence where I did things like light balancing, pan and zoom

Then I brought the cameras all together into a multicam source, which I added into a sequence to do the multicam edit

Finally, I brought that into a new sequence to chop it up into individual tracks and add titles etc.

That's about 5 sequences deep. Even dragging the slider along the timeline would cause it to hang up for a minute or more. I hit up Google and searched this community and best I can tell it's a known bug that's never been fixed. Now, instead, I use just two sequences:

-- Sync all the video tracks from one camera to the sound. Pan and zoom. Add an adjustment layer

-- Multicam edit. Insert the breaks and titles directly on to there. Means I can't export as "whole concert", but I can always duplicate that sequence and take out the cuts if I need that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha, thanks. Yeah I've never gone that many sequences deep, haha. Probaby max 2 like what you just described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines