Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling multiple movies in Premiere PRO

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!
I have a problem, I started a project with a sequence of 1280x720 and as I've added different clips one over the other and like half of clips or cropped clips. As some of the clips were Fhd or even 4k, I realized I might have a 1920x1080 sequence.
I've changed the sequence settings but the inside clips don't resize.
I've nested everything and put the result in a 1920x1080 sequence and set it to frame size. It works BUT there is no gain in resolution It's just the 1280x720 sequence resized artificially to 1920x1080.

In order to check the resize quality I've created a dummy 100x75px sequence I've imported an 4k movie, set it to frame size and then nested the result and put it in an 4k sequence and Set to Frame again and it look like crap. '

So is there a way to resize everything without losing resolution? Or having to reposition all the movies again? Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you change the sequence settings, you have to rescale all clips manually.

Nesting is not really the way to go if added clips are all different framesizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use the FIND command to select all the clips that are the same size and then Find All? That will highlight every clip at once and then you can right-click and Set to Frame Size. Or else just select all and do that for every clip, and then just reposition the 4K clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that I have many clips layered. Some cropped other masked. So I can't "set to Frame Size" 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have clips masked might need to remake the matte.

changes involve most of the time manual labour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it seems that is better to work from the start in a 4K sequence because you can always save lower resolution but you can't save highter resolution 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the solution is to always make the Sequence the highest resolution you might need because you can always save it smaller, but if you make it smaller in the first place you'll never be able to save it bigger without a lot of work. :((

If you find other solution please let me know.

PS
To put it simple, If I put a 4k movie into a FHD sequence and I want to export the sequence 4k there is not an easy way. You have to rescale everything. And it gets pretty frustrating if you have many overlaied / cropped movies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines