• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scan a room in 3D to be used as virtual background

Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where to post this question but since I'm a Premiere user, I'll post it here. 

Does anyone know of a way to scan a room in 3D to later, using a 3D software, export still images of different angles of the room that can be used as backgrounds in a green screen interview style production? 

I found a lot about scanning for real estate but the resulting images were not good enough for video production. 

Thank you,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PremierePro really is a native 2D application.

If you wish to mimmick true 3D environments, After Effects is the application of choice. This really is a 2.5D application, that allows you to position elements in 3D space with a virtual camera.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Richard, thank you. 
I'd use Premiere to key the greenscreen and use the renders from the 3D application as the background. 

I was thinking something like this but with better looking results when it comes to the 3D scanned rooms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-eA8MxlstQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines