• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scene layouts for faster editing

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to created a scene layout and apply it to a set of clips quickly? I have a video podcast with separate tracks for each remote guest. I have a main layout with all guests cropped and arranged on the screen. Throughout the podcast I might switch to one speaker full screen and back or to an arrangement with one speaker small in the corner with some b-roll or illustration in the frame. 

Is there some easy way to arrange a template for each of those arrangements so after I edit for content I can apply the scene to the various parts? It's pretty tedious right now to manually crop/uncrop/rearrange for each of the sections where I'm changing the scene layout. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know if this is the best way, but the way I would approach it is:

Build a sequence template using placeholder clips of the exact frame dimensions of the production clips; and position, scale, and crop each placeholder as needed. Include all necessary backgrounds, graphics, titles, etc.

When you need to edit a podcast, duplicate that sequence, and simply replace the placeholders with the production clips. Although you can select a clip in the Timeline panel and choose Clip > Replace with Clip, the shortcut I use is to drag the production clip out of the Project or bin panel, and while holding down the Option key (I’m guessing Alt key in Windows), drop it on the clip it should replace in the Timeline panel. The dropped clip should take on the attributes (position, scale, etc.) of the replaced placeholder clip. A few quick Option/Alt-drags can replace several placeholder clips with everything laid out properly, so then you move on.

There are probably more shortcuts, such as setting up all titles as Motion Graphics Templates so all you have to do is type in the text, but those are what occur to me off the top of my head.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure that will work for the scene switching based on content but there's lots of good ideas in there. Thanks for the notes. I'll look into some of that for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines