• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scopes and video look different during scrubbing and playback vs at rest

New Here ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does this happen? While scrubbing the timeline and/or during program playback, the scopes (vectorscope, waveform, etc.) are "tighter," i.e. they show a narrower range of saturation and brightness. Then when I stop playback or scrubbing, the scopes expand back out to a fuller range, showing that the image is clipping. The program preview itself looks different as well when playing/scrubbing vs at rest, corresponding to the difference in the scopes. Which should I pay attention to? And why does this happen?

TOPICS
Editing , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2022 May 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you have your resolution set for playback and what for paused? You can set them separately in the Program monitor's controls.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, that helps. Didn't realize that. When I set the resolutions the same (whether Full, 1/2, or 1/4), the appearance and scopes in playback vs paused get much closer, but still not the same. Note: Moving Lumetri color sliders has the same affect as scrubbing - while holding or moving Lumetri slides, the scopes and appearance are the same as scrubbing/playback, then upon releasing the slider the image and scopes return to their paused appearance, which as stated above is still different even when the resolutions are set the same in the Program monitor settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Clamp setting may be affecting this also. High-Quality playback.

For reference, on my rig, with the clamp on, I'm not getting any difference between during playback and paused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines