• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen freezes until menu clicked

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro CC Version 13.0.3, virtually any interaction with the UI is not reflected in the display until I click on a menu. For example, if I move the transport head, the transport head is moved, but the display remains unchanged until I click on any menu, at which point the screen updates. If I change a LUT, the Lumetri Scope and main playback panels will update, but the Lumetri Color pane (and the pulldown from which I've just selected the new LUT) will not change until I click on any menu, at which point the screen updates. When changing any parameter in the Color pane, the change is made, but the slider does not appear to move until I click on any menu, at which point the screen updates. Obviously, Premiere is unusable in this condition.

Using Windows 10. Problem exists even when I change GPUs, and with hardware or software rendering. Problem is very recent, i.e. within the last week or two.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

The use of the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Creative Cloud applications, followed by a reinstallation of all CC programs, fixed the problem - for anyone in the future with a similar issue, this is a relatively quick and painless process, which at the very least eliminates several possibilities for the cause of the malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Relative_Paucity!

When Premiere misbehaves, trash your preferences!

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Hope that helps, report back if it doesn't and we'll try something else!

Caroline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no, that did not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple things you can take a look at:

Steps 3D and 4D below.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3D does not apply; no other security software on the PC.

4D is not an option, but thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a reason 4D is on that list.  If no other ideas work, you might have to make it an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I say, 4D is not an option, but thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work ,try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I regularly have to reset workspaces, but unfortunately that only resolves issues momentarily - meaning, until I make any change.

The problem exists using both the built-in GPU (Intel HD 630), or an Nvidia GPU (two GTX 530), so I don't believe it's a driver issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The use of the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to remove all Creative Cloud applications, followed by a reinstallation of all CC programs, fixed the problem - for anyone in the future with a similar issue, this is a relatively quick and painless process, which at the very least eliminates several possibilities for the cause of the malfunction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this save my projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this same issue-- did this ever get resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They did mark a solution, I'm about to try it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines