• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen Recording Typing: not smooth/glitchy

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a project and have come across an issue with the "smoothness" of my cursor and the typing in the screen recording (used Quicktime to record).

To correct the cursor issue, I used After Effects to add a simple cursor animation to my video. However, I can't seem to fix the glitchiness of the typing. It isn't smooth. I've ensured the frame rate is set at 60, exported at high quality. I've included a link to the clip that I exported from Premiere Pro.. you'll notice the glitch when "q2 growth" is typed. 

Has anyone else dealt with this issue? What would you try to resolve it? Thanks in advance!

VIEW video: https://www.behance.net/gallery/101572815/PPT-Add-in 

Note: When uploaded to Behance, the video was stretched and looks a little blurry. It's not actually blurry otherwise.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops! My first time posting here, so I wasn't aware. I'll fix that.. Thanks for letting me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshot export settings and the clip in Mediainfo in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the "Mediainfo in treeview"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the export settings:

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.34.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 3.47.58 PM.png

The treeview option is grayed out. Any idea why? I've never used mediainfo before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware encoding and max render: see if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Trying now. Turn off "Use maximum render quality" or "Render at maximum depth"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work, unfortunately. The typing is still glitchy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing you need to have a closer look at your screenrecording software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @heather34  @Ann Bens ,

Sorry for this problem. We have improved this workflow in the latest beta builds. Now you should be able to work with screen recordings directly in Premiere Pro without seeing any glitches, rather than first transcoding them to other formats.
You can download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta).

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Please let us know how it goes in the beta build. This is also on track to be available in normal builds. We will update you soon. I hope this will help.

If you still see this issue in beta builds, please share your original footage(screen-recording). We will check it at our end and take quick action. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that variable framerates will be supported soon in PPro as well?

We keep advising users to first transcode via handbrake etc. Would be good to know if that's no longer necessary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @Richard van den Boogaard ,

Thanks for highlighting this. The current fix is focused on removing glitches with screen recordings(Quick Time/iphones etc.). Ideally, Premiere Pro should handle variable framerates without any issue now. 

If you still find any issues with any such file, please let us know. We will take it up on priority.

Please also share the source media(screen recordings) causing such issues. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines