• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen tearing when playback

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i playback/preview my sequence, the video is being teared apart and flickering. I do render the sequence first.

I edit CC2018, on my brand new Dell inspiron 15 7577

Is there any settings, that need to be changed?or is it just not the right PC

IMG_4787.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

I had this exact same issue on my PC with a GTX 1070 and new 60Hz BenQ monitor. The fix for me was to go into Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > Adobe Premiere Pro > Vertical Sync and change this setting from 'Use the 3D application Settings' to 'On'. After that I relaunched Premiere and the issue was immediately resolved. Hope that helps for anyone else with the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!!! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add that this also solved the problem for me, RTX 3070 Ti. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After scouring the internet for hours, this is the only way that issue got resolved! You are seriously a life saver! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! You're a lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, I had the same issue in After Effects and your comment helped me fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this fixed the issue with the awful tearing in the playback preview.

I'm not sure why Premiere Pro does not have it enabled by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue on an M1 mac. I was able to create proxies that don't tear but when I render the tearing shows up. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a lifesaver! Thank you for posting this!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea me too, I had this issue for ages until I found this post.  I had a Gtx 1070 switched the nvidia setting to ON rather than Use the 3D application Settings, solve stright away, thant you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me nothing is working, went through all solution available online

msi creator m16 a11ud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that this worked for me: In the console Debug Database View I found DS.ForceEnableVsync and set it to true. This did solve the problem, without any other system changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend this 100% to anyone still having issues after trying the recommended fix. To get to it, go into a project and click CTRL+F12, then click on Console Options and look for DS.ForceEnableVsync and set it to true Fixed my problem on a Dell XPS 15 with an i7 and a GTX 1650

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In conjunction with Vsync set to Adaptiv (half refresh rate), this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked for me, the video output to the external monitor uses intel iris gpu

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gracias, muchas gracias! estuve años con ese problema y hasta ahora,  gracias a ti, todo esta trabajando a la perfección. Eres grande!!! hazme un hijo plis jajajajajaja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines