• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

script - is there way to replace a clip with already imported clip in project, premiere pro?

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there way to replace project item with already imported clip that is if we modify a video via

createSubClip , can that be source for replacing another project item sir. Please help thanks.
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

> i have a projectItems, modified its in and out points using createSubClip method.

Creating subclips from a projectItem, does not modify the original projectItem; each subclip is a new projectItem.

Why this question because there are some Premiere pro project templates that uses
> projectItems in many trackItems inside.

Every trackItem refers to a projectItem; the trackItem's projectItem is writable; the API can change which projectItem a given trackItem refers to.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand your question. In order to clarify, could you restate your question(s) without the ambiguous word "clip"?

In PPro's API, there is no such thing as a "clip"; there are projectItems, and when a projectItem is inserted into a sequence, the result is a trackItem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes sir, question is how to replace projectItems with another projectItem. projectItems can be replaced with by changing its source by using ProjectItem.changeMediaPath() method. The main question that i am asking is i have a projectItems, modified its in and out points using createSubClip method. Now i want another projectItem to be replaced(change media path of projectItems with reference to createdSubClip) with this newly created projectItem using createsSubClip which in reality it has no real path other than inside premiere pro.  Why this question because there are some Premiere pro project templates that uses projectItems in many trackItems inside. So i have ProjectItems but it is modified and that i want to replace with to another projectItem(subClip using createSubClip). Please help. Thanks you for your replay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> i have a projectItems, modified its in and out points using createSubClip method.

Creating subclips from a projectItem, does not modify the original projectItem; each subclip is a new projectItem.

Why this question because there are some Premiere pro project templates that uses
> projectItems in many trackItems inside.

Every trackItem refers to a projectItem; the trackItem's projectItem is writable; the API can change which projectItem a given trackItem refers to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Creating subclips from a projectItem, does not modify the original projectItem; each subclip is a new projectItem.

How to do with script sir. Replace a projectItem with another projectItem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the new clip in the Project Panel and then Right click on the clip in the timeline and choose Replace with clip from bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir. Is there way How to do it with  extended script or cep panel sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines