Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scripting and editing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

So i know adobe has some scripting capabilities, but i don't understand the limits and potentials of it. 

I work in IT, and i'm an 'ok' coder, but i want to know if adobe scripting can even do things i would use, before diving in. 

For the clips i make, one of the steps is adding an adjustment layer with gaussian blur and low exposure. Then i put copies of all the clip segments beneath it, and adjust their position and scale to fill the screen so there isn't any black space.(see AdobeEditingGoal.png)
i don't remember the export details off the top of my head, but it's for instagram. (see EndResult.png)

can i write some code that would do this for me automatically? does adobe scripting have that kind of power?  

So after i'm done editing a clip, and i'm ready to make it look right for instagram, i can trigger some script that:

1. adds adjustment layer,
  2. adds gaussian blue and low exposure to adjustment layer
  3. makes copies of clip segments, adds them under the adjustment layer
  4. sets the position and scale to the right numbers and fills in black space? 

there's plenty more i'm sure i need but this would be a good place to start. i need to streamline this editing process. i am but one man. please help. 

thanks. 

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Hi, it is realy easy if you familiar with After effects.

If you know from the beginning that you will do this the steps are.

Open Premiere pro and make Sequence with youre desire final dimensions

Open After effects and put all footage in composition with youre desire final dimensions. Select all layers, right click and choose Transform>Fit to comp height. Aftre this select all layers in After effects composition and choose from menu Edit>copy. Switch to Premiere pro and select video track 1 and cho

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bruce Bullis is the one that knows this part of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is realy easy if you familiar with After effects.

If you know from the beginning that you will do this the steps are.

Open Premiere pro and make Sequence with youre desire final dimensions

Open After effects and put all footage in composition with youre desire final dimensions. Select all layers, right click and choose Transform>Fit to comp height. Aftre this select all layers in After effects composition and choose from menu Edit>copy. Switch to Premiere pro and select video track 1 and choose paste.

On video track 2 put adjustmen layer with all youre effects.

Switch back to After effects composition. Select all layers, right click and choose Transform>Fit to comp width. Aftre this select all layers in After effects composition and choose from menu Edit>copy. Switch to Premiere pro and select video track 3 and choose paste. 

Now you must have what you want.

If you're first edit footage in premiere and than you want to make this "effects" , there is a way. It will require some additional steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Stefan is on the right track; template sequences (and comps) seem like a better approach than scripting, for the workflow you described. 

Your template sequence could contain all the work for 1 and 2; you'd then perform your edit for this episode, under 3, then "scale to frame size" and "remove timeline gaps" until it looks right. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines