• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selecting caption in Captions window does not select the caption in the Timeline window

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is an intentional change or a bug, but when I select a caption in the Captions window it doesn't always select the same caption in the Timeline window.

To better explain, let's say I have captions 1, 2, and 3. If I select caption 1 in the Timeline, it selects that same caption in the Captions window. Then if I select caption 2 in the Captions window, it (used to) simultaneously select caption 2 in the Timeline window. Now, however, it behaves differently: If I click on caption 2 in the Captions window, the playhead in the Timeline will move to the beginning of caption 2, but caption 1 stays highlighted in the Timeline window.

This really screws up my workflow because let's say I want to merge captions 2 and 3. I used to be able to select both of them in the Captions window and merge them. But now, because the selection in the *Timeline* stays on caption 1, when I merge captions it merges 1 & 2, not 2 & 3. In order to force the proper behavior, I have to select the captions in the Timeline. (This is frustrating because I have to constantly move between two windows and also because it's more difficult to select, read, and edit shorter captions in the Timeline window)

Anybody else dealing with this? Did I accidentally change a setting or something?

TOPICS
Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I cannot get it to do what you are describing. What version of PR are you running? Are you "selecting" by mouse click?

It always looks odd, since CTI position and selection are somewhat independent. But in the end, when I make a selection in the Caption tab, the CTI moves and the selection changes in the timeline. So the merges would always be correct.

I'll try to test more tomorrow.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines