Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selecting the h.264 format crashed Premiere when exporting

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am new to Premiere but I am not a layman when it comes to IT.  This has had me scratching my head for 2 days now.  I have searched on the forums and the interwebs for a solution to this problem and found that others had this same problem but none of their solutions helped me.

My Specs

Adobe Version: CC (Latest)

Gfx Card: Nvidia GeForce 980Ti

Memory : 24GB

CPU: Intel I7 3770K

HDD: Solid State

I have tried the following:

• Checked the Crash log but it's greek to me as I am not familiar with Premier Pro.
  • Tried selecting "Mercury Playback Engine Software Only" but crash still occurs
  • Tested all other formats and they work fine.  Even the H.264 Blu-Ray works but not H.264
  • Tested with a blank project thinking it might be something in the project itself...same thing.  still crashes
  • COMPLETE reinstall of latest Video card Drivers after removing the current drivers using driver sweeper.
  • Ran a scannow /sfc to check for corrupt system files.  No problems found
  • Ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to check for corrupt files - No problems found
  • Removed all and any other video editing softwares
  • Removed all other codec packs that I had installed
  • Multiple reboots in-between all this
  • Ensured that there were no outstanding Windows Updates
  • Checked the BIOS firmware for my mobo and my Gfx card.  all up to date.

I'm at a loss.....

PlEaSe can someone assist?  I cannot export my video using H.264

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

NO ... simply go to the Prefeences/Media dialog, and disable "Enable hardware accelerated encoding and decoding ... " ... then your H.264 export should be fine.

There's quite a few current threads on this, rather than going back a couple years where the users had completly different problems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem where whenever I tryed to export a video the app would freeze or the computer would shut down due to a kernel panic error. I tried literally everything that I found on the forums and nothing worked, the only thing that worked for me was starting the computer on safe mode and exporting it like that... took me three days to do this and cost me yeaaars of patience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @bluesteam 
did you solved this problem cause i have the same problem and i cannot solve it when i choose h264 the premiere is automatically close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you have for settings for H.264/5 encoding in Premiere's preferences?

What CPU do you have?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines