Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selection tool suddenly changed to arrow pointing down with two vertical boxes

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

i have a problem regarding my selection tool. It suddenly switched to the one seen in the picture. Now, whenever I drag a clip, it wont snap to any other clip. Is there any way to revert this cursor back?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At present, there is an issue with nested audio which cause strange behavior: delete from timeline or disable Show Audio Waveform.

If that is not it:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried reseting my preferences, didnt work.
The problem is the selection tool (shortcut: v). Normally it would display just a normal mouse cursor and I could drag my clips. Now it displays a cursor as shown in the image. When I drag my clips with this cursor, they do not "preview show" as hovered and they wont snap onto other clips.
This seems to be some kind of variant from the normal cursor, but I dont know how to reset it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any nested audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I HAD nested audio in the project in which this error first showed up, but even in projects with no nested audio the problem still recides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines