• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence I worked on 2 days ago with multiple clips now only has one single clip

New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved that sequence when I exported the video of it on Tuesday and now its gone, replaced by a "Sequence"that is basically an export of the video, which is useless to me. The way I see it now I have to go back to my Master Edit sequence and pull out and cut the bits I need from there, which means another 2 hours of work for me. Premiere Pro almost pulled the same thing to me earlier with that Master Edit when I opened it, and I had to quit without saving to load the Master Edit sequence with multiple clips. What is Premiere doing that makes it turn all my edited sequences into practically useless exports and how can I stop it. This is the second project it does this to and its driving me up a wall.

Ive attached pictures of both the Master Edit sequence and the culprit sequence, as well as a screenshot of my entire project premiere window. P.S. I turned off track targeting on multiple tracks and source patching, in case that may have been the culprit.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

This is a nest, the single green "clip" that you're seeing is not a clip, it's all your clips collected in a single nest (think of it as a group). Double click on it and it will reveal its content (your original edit). If double clicking sends it to the source monitor, then ctrl + double click.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a nest, the single green "clip" that you're seeing is not a clip, it's all your clips collected in a single nest (think of it as a group). Double click on it and it will reveal its content (your original edit). If double clicking sends it to the source monitor, then ctrl + double click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I did not know about this nesting feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines