• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence playback is grainy/ gridded - Premier Pro, all video resolutions

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is going on with the sequence playback. The problem started after I updated from version 14 to the newest one, and an hour with Adobe chat got me absolutely nowhere. 

Before the update Premire pro played back files without any issues at all, from low res to 4k. Now, ALL file sizes and resolutions have the odd grid pattern seen in the attached image. the grid pattern moves around/ is inconsistent. I tried reverting to the oldest version I could, 15, and it didn't fix it. Sigh. So so frustrated since it was working perfectly before the update. 

I tried messing around in sequence settings and with full res playback, and no combination of settings made it go away. Updated GPU drivers from the nvidia website, and running the creative/ non-gaming driver, too. Changing playback resolution helped a little for some clips (going from full to 1/2), but for most it is no improvement or marginal at best. 

System: Windows PC (windows 10). Nvidia 2070 SUPER graphics. 32 g RAM. 

Thank you for any ideas you have!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a GPU or driver issue. Try a couple different drivers, and ... if you can ... try a different GPU.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the ideas Neil! The problem does not occur when I have the renderer set to "Software only". Happens in both GPU acceleration modes. should I try going back to an older GPU driver? I unfortunately have no way to try out a different GPU in this machine, but I will see if it happens in my new laptop that has the 3060ti 8gig. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Software only" skips the GPU totally. So ... yea, there's an issue with that GPU. Either the driver ... or ... sigh.

Yes, roll back to a previous Studio driver. And do a "clean install" where it removes ALL GPU drivers/files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only tested a few clips, but so far it looks like rolling back to the Nvidia diver from last summer did the trick! And I went back to premire pro 15. wahoo!!! Should have come here first, would have saved me over an hour with Adobe support. 

is there any big advantage to updating to the newest version of premiere, or should i just leave it since things are finally working again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stay with what works for the time being. Update only between projects if you can ... and maybe keep this current project handly to open up when you do upgrade - to ensure you don't have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines