• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sequence yellow line

Participant ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read a few topics on this but haven't been able to resolve my issue.

I imported 120fps 1080p footage and had Premiere auto-create the sequence, I then changed the timeline to 30fps and slowed the footage down to 25% to match (4x slow-mo). Yet when I do that the video footage gets really choppy, like 5fps. I'm using a Razer laptop with dedicated GPU mind you. Rendering doesn't seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried rendering the timeline to green?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I did, but it stays yellow with the same stutter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render in to out to get it green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just expanding the reply by Ann Bens :.

...from the menu: Sequence > Render in to out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that does fully render it. I guess it's a different issue I'm having because even when I render it, it still lags. I did some checking frame by frame and see that 4 frames are the same, then the next 4 frames are the same. So the lag isn't because of the rendering, it's because of something in the process.

I imported 120fp 1080p Nikon Z6ii footage. I created a new sequence from the clip. It plays fine at full preview (with a little jittery image), but when I slow it down to 25% that's when it gets laggy. I just want to play the footage at 25% speed. I created another sequence at 30fps rendered the footage on there, but it too also just has the same frame for like 8 frames in a row. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post screenshot of 120 fps clip in MediaInfo in treeview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nikon Z6 II Mirrorless Camera records the following modes:

Recording Modes H.264/MOV/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.98p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p

These are interframe formats and as such not suited for retiming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this on certain types of footage. It may be that the best you can do is export out what you have and bring it back in as a rendered file of the original in slomo. I expect that will be your easiest solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit ProRes source in a Sequence with Video Preview set to matchign ProRes settings and everything should play smoothly.

To quickly transcode all of your 1080p120 clips, insert all of them into a new Seqeunce via New Sequence from Clip and then use Render and Replace.  Make sure each clip is playing from Media Start to Media End.  After the transcode is complete, make sure Sequence Video Previews are set to the same flavor of ProRes that was used for Render and Replace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines