• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Serious lagging on premiere 22.0

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded premier 22.0 on Friday but was hit with an intense edit job on Saturday. Editing was like walking through mud, my MacBook sounded like it was about to take off and it crashed a few times.

I installed the new operating system hoping it might help but it didn't. I had the client going nuts as it was taking me so long to make any progress with the edit 😅

i then had to download the previous premier pro, export the xml from the project in 22 and pull it into the older version. After that it was back to easy street and editing was all good. Massive relief.

I lost hours and it was very stressful. I shouldn't have updated just before getting on this edit, it was a school boy error but there were no threads I could find online about people experiencing this.

I wasn't even editing with 4K, they are 422 10 bit h.264 files. 

BE AWARE of the new update. I'm sure it will get smoothed out but it was a nightmare yesterday.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi morgant32797687,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're are aware of the performance issues with h.264 4:2:2 10 bit files in Premiere Pro v.22. Generally, this happens at 1/2 playback resolution. The workaround for the issue is to set playback resolution to full and enable high-quality playback from the program monitor wrench menu. Alternatively, you may try our latest Beta release of Premiere Pro that addresses this issue. You may refer to this link to know more about the Creative Cloud Beta program.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Summeet, 

the problem is still not fixed, right? I have to wait or render forever to play the 4:2:2 10Bit files. In the CC 21 version this was not a problem. When can we expect this to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue going on! Hope this is going to be fixed soon..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which camera are you using, pepijnd47363597?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines