• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Setting the duration of still pictures

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new user of premier pro and now I am working with a series of still pictures. I want to change the default duration for each still picture from 5 seconds to 2 seconds, but even if I follow the instructions in the tutorials: edit->preferences->timeline ond changing the default setting from 5 sec. to 2, clikking ok,  the time the duration of the picture does not change, even if the default is described as 2 seconds where you change it, but not in the panel.  I suppose I do something wrong, but cannot figure out what. grateful for some help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

That setting will only impact the duration for new still images that get imported into your project. I don't believe it retroactively applies to images already imported which have their In/Out duration set to 5 sec, and it certainly doesn't apply to images already on the timeline with a duration of 5 sec.

Easiest way to do this may just be either delete all the clips from your project and reimport them. If that isn't an option or you've already dropped a bunch of clips on the timeline, can can s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That setting will only impact the duration for new still images that get imported into your project. I don't believe it retroactively applies to images already imported which have their In/Out duration set to 5 sec, and it certainly doesn't apply to images already on the timeline with a duration of 5 sec.

Easiest way to do this may just be either delete all the clips from your project and reimport them. If that isn't an option or you've already dropped a bunch of clips on the timeline, can can select all of those clips on your timeline, right click, and select Speed/Duration and change the duration to 02;00. After applying that, all clips will be trimmed down to 2 seconds duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

it worked well, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The quickest way to do this is to select all of the stills you want to change the duration of to change, right click the selecion, select speed duration, change the duration up or down and make sure Ripple Edit Shifting Trailing Clips is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines