• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Settings did not carry over when updating to Premiere 2022

Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I do a major-version upgrade on Premiere, I always check the box to bring settings from old to new. Yet every time, it seems I am also left with no custom keyboard shortcuts, no render settings, no effects presets, default transition lengths reverted to factory default, etc etc etc. 

What settings exactly is Adobe porting into the new version when you check this box? Or, perhaps more accurately, what am I doing wrong that my settings aren't actually carrying over?

TOPICS
Editing , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to do the same every time:

I copy the entire Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro/15.0 to 22.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good tip, but why is there a checkbox then to port settings over then? Is it really just a fake feature with no actual back end? If so, that's pretty negligent UX. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines