Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Several video transition seem to have deseappear in Premiere Pro 2022

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day everyone

I am surprised to see that many video transitions are no longer available in Premiere Pro 2022. I could not find any documentation on the Adobe site that would indicate a change.

I have the same result on two different computers.

I include a screen shot of the Effect Menu to show all the missing effects to be more explicit as I am using a French version.

Did anyone got the same issue or am I alone?

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks for your feedback.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Loading a previously finished clip, I found that the transition called in French "Fondu du film" is not translated in version 2022, and keep its English name "Film Dissolve" and it is now found under Transition video / Dissolve / Film dissolve.

Let's hope that Adobe will return to the correct translation in the next upgrade and everything goes back to normal for French users.

I expect that the other missing transitions have also kept their English names and can be found... somewhere in the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro
User Voice is where the Adobe engineers look for bug reports, enhancement requests, etc. The urgency for bug reports or new features can be judged by how many of us users upvote the requests. You can search for similar requests using the search feature at the lower right. It's best to upvote a request that has some traction (votes) already, and you can upvote and reply to that thread. If you don't find one the matches your request, then enter a new one. Regardless, post a link back here so those seeing this thread can upvote also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did it.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - been working in the new PP 2022, and found the same issue. CUrrently I only have 4 wipes listed under the Video Transitions / Wipe folder. I've done a reinstall and it did not resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a vocabulary translation issue, so it seems, since the word
"dissolve" does not have any meaning in French. For exemple the wipe "Fondu
du film" is now called "Film Dissolve" and it can be found under Transition
Video / Dissolve with other dissolved transitions that are also translated
incorrectly. There was no known modification to these transitions in the
current update, so why on earth did they lose the correct translation in
the process of making an update is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, this bug has not been addressed in the latest version of Premiere Pro 22.0.0 Build 1.69

The work around is to search for dissolve instead of searching for Fondu and the video transitions are now split in two separate chapters, Fondu and Dissolve.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines